You are an adaptable and energetic leader, with strong verbal and written communication skills to help you build successful relationships at all levels of the business. You are able to work through your team, set priorities, delegate responsibility and give open and honest feedback. You can prioritise and organise your work and the work of others, while delivering exceptional customer service and a great co-worker experience. You have experience in retail and logistics to drive operational excellence.
You are available to work a variety of hours including early mornings from 7am, evenings till 930pm and weekends.
As the Self Serve Team Leader you will be responsible for, but not limited to;
• Knowing your range and presenting the width and depth of the IKEA range in order to satisfy and inspire visitors.
• Ensuring your team are available, trained and inspired to provide friendly and knowledgeable customer service, with ease of shopping top of mind.
• Recruiting and developing your team with a focus on competence, succession and togetherness.
• Being available to resolve customer and operational issues as they arise.
• Coordinating your team to ensure your warehouse is “in shape as new” at all times.
• Proactively seeking out opportunities to maximise sales through your knowledge of customer behaviour, the local market and the competition
• Ensuring the store is a safe and secure environment for visitors and co-workers.
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
The Sales Team Leader is responsible for optimising the IKEA shopping experience to ensure satisfied customers and increased sales. You do this by motivating and inspiring your team, using knowledge of the IKEA product range and services, the local market and IKEA customers. Working closely with your manager, you are responsible for securing the smooth day to day operation of the Self Serve Warehouse, balancing the needs of the business and our people.
Working in the Self Serve Warehouse is a highly physical role involving heavy lifting and operation of manual pallet jacks