The IKEA vision is "to create a better everyday life for the many people". We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them.
We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region, such as the Philippines.
We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
Visit www.ikea.ph to find out more about us at IKEA Philippines.
About the job
Reporting to the Goods Flow Team Process Leader, this ASSOCIATE role is responsible for providing assistance in the completion of the Logistics process in the easiest and safest way possible. He/She develops and uses his/her knowledge and experience of IKEA operations, including IKEA machinery and equipment, as well as the expertise of his/her co-workers within the team to achieve the highest level of availability of products in the store.
· You perform effectively the Goods Flow operation tasks in your assigned area, using the available IKEA systems and equipment to achieve an efficient goods flow process and data integrity, in order to maximize stock accuracy and ensure the highest product availability for customers;
· You contribute to an optimized daily goods flow operation within the assigned goods flow processes by working in a lean, simple, and cost-conscious way;
· You contribute to the agreed goals of the Goods Flow Team, as well as being involved in the goal-setting process of your team;
· You comply with IKEA health, safety, and security guidelines, rules and regulations, and support colleagues in preventing untoward health, safety, and/or security-related incidents in the store.
· You have the interest in home furnishing, what people want in their homes and in the IKEA product range ;
· You have at least 1-2 years experience working in Warehouse/Logistics operations, preferably in the retail industry;
· You know how to manage your time effectively, able to prioritize and organize your tasks to make use of time efficiently, and you are committed to delivering according to expectations;
· You have good attention to details in order to achieve accuracy in all that you do;
· You are a quick learner and knows how to ask questions when something is unclear;
· You are flexible in your approach to your daily tasks, and can adapt to unpredictable situations; open to new ideas and changes in ways of working;
· You enjoy working as part of the team but can also work independently.
This role requires flexibility in work hours, depending on store operational requirements. Working on public holidays and weekends.