The IKEA vision is "to create a better everyday life for the many people". We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them.
We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region, such as the Philippines.
We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
Visit www.ikea.ph to find out more about us at IKEA Philippines.
About the Job
Reporting to the Business Navigation and Operations Manager, this ASSISTANT MANAGER role is tasked to ensure sustainable, safe, clean and functional environments for our co-workers, visitors and customers.
Oversee the operations, energy consumption and maintenance of the store premises and facilities to ensure a sustainable, efficient, safe, clean and functional environment for our co-workers, visitors and customers;
Plan, develop and execute long and short term operational maintenance and repair plans to ensure smooth running of operations;
Be responsible for preparation of the budget for the store premises, facilities and operations;
Investigate, and take corrective actions to overcome technical problems. Develop and implement solutions, trouble shoot on day-to-day operational problems of facilities and building;
Engage with stakeholders in fire prevention, safety and security in accordance with government-mandated laws and practices;
Regularly follow up on costs related to the area of maintenance and try to find ways to control and minimize these costs.
· Academic degree/professional qualification in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering. Licensed professionals are preferred;
· Minimum 3 years relevant experience in a multi-service facilities management organization, preferably in high-volume retail environment;
· Mechanical and technical knowledge, and practical experience in all facility systems, including electrical and lighting, mechanical and HVAC, structural, site, building automation and energy management; knowledgeable in national and local laws governing building management;
· Experience in sustainability from the perspective of facility management is preferred;
· Experience in contract negotiations with suppliers and contractors;
· Good analytical and numerical skills; strong decision-making, problem-solving, and organizational skills;
· Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and collaborate with others.
This role requires flexibility in work hours, depending on store operational requirements.
Temporary work location will be at the 17th Floor, No. 8 Rockwell Building, Hidalgo Drive, Makati City.