The IKEA vision is "to create a better everyday life for the many people". We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them.
We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region, such as the Philippines.
We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
Visit www.ikea.ph to find out more about us at IKEA Philippines.
About the Job
Reporting to the Business Navigation and Operations Manager, this ASSISTANT MANAGER role is tasked to ensure sustainable, safe, clean and functional environments for our co-workers, visitors and customers.
Oversee the operations, energy consumption and maintenance of the store premises and facilities to ensure a sustainable, efficient, safe, clean and functional environment for our co-workers, visitors and customers;
Work together with the landlord and store management to plan, develop and execute program on a continuous basis to ensure the improvement of the store and the building. Create, propose, maintain, and communicate a comprehensive property plan for understanding and collaboration with all stakeholders;
Plan, develop and execute long and short term operational maintenance and repair plans to ensure smooth running of operations; work with the landlord in their preventive maintenance and repair schedules for the roof, building façade, road drainage system, all facilities and buildings to ensure business continuity;
Manage FM service contracts and vendor management. Ensure that the Scope of Works are in line with the Lease and that the Services (and Products) are being delivered and reported to expectations;
Maintain partnering relationship with vendors, suppliers, and contractors while ensuring they deliver best products and services at minimum expenses;
Manage the Lease Agreement with regards to Maintenance Services, review Service Charges from the Landlord and validate the charges against the Lease;
Be responsible for preparation of the budget for the store premises, facilities and operations.
· Academic degree/professional qualification in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering. Licensed professionals are preferred;
· Minimum 3 years relevant experience in a multi-service facilities management organization, preferably in high-volume retail environment;
· Mechanical and technical knowledge, and practical experience in all facility systems, including electrical and lighting, mechanical and HVAC, structural, site, building automation and energy management; knowledgeable in national and local laws governing building management;
· Experience in sustainability from the perspective of facility management is preferred;
· Experience in contract negotiations with suppliers and contractors;
· Good analytical and numerical skills; strong decision-making, problem-solving, and organizational skills;
· Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and collaborate with others.
This role requires flexibility in work hours, depending on store operational requirements.
Temporary work location will be at the 17th Floor, No. 8 Rockwell Building, Hidalgo Drive, Makati City.