• Self-reliant and motivated with a proven ability to work as part of a larger team
Ability to prioritize and organize work and the work of others in order to make the most efficient use of the time available
• Ability to plan staffing needs according to the customer flow
• Experience of working in a high volume and fast-paced retail environment
• Experience of working in a multi-tasking environment and working with other functions
• Experience of actively meeting customer needs through understanding customers in a service industry
• Emotional resilience and ability to handle conflict (assertive and able to remain calm when confronted with challenging situations)
• Strong communication skills with the ability to adjust the style of communication to get the message across to the receiver
• Confident decision-maker with common sense and attention to detail
• Proven leadership abilities and an ability to share your knowledge and learning
• Interest in home furnishings
• Strong negotiation and contractual relationship abilities
• Previous experience in a leadership role is an asset
A DAY IN YOUR LIFE WITH US
• Ensuring co-workers are available and ready to help by putting customers before work tasks.
• Empowering co-workers through knowledge, confidence, trust, authority and motivation so they are always ready to support customers in the best way possible.
• Always being available to deal positively and quickly with issues raised by customers thereby supporting my co-workers when they cannot resolve a need
• Spending as much of my working time as possible in my area of responsibility, supporting and coaching my co-workers to ensure customers leave with a positive impression of the IKEA store and want to come back and shop more frequently with us.
• Leading by example in terms of customer focus, co-operation with other departments, simplicity and giving and taking responsibility to optimize our customers’ experience in my unit.
• Following up on the department action plan and taking action to ensure we are continually focused on achieving the agreed goals.
• Ensuring my IKEA store is always a safe and secure environment for visitors and coworkers.
• Support the Customer Relations Manager to develop cross-trained, empowered co-workers who make decisions to benefit both the customer and store.
• Execute annual Customer Service action plan to achieve overall business plan goals (key figure goals, hourly budgets, and other function goals) and implement efficient ways of working to reduce sales errors and customer wait time in relevant areas of the store.
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
We see ourselves as influencers – we steer the IKEA business by finding the truth behind the figures. Together we secure compliance with local and international laws and reporting standards; we assure that accounting processes are efficient and that tax compliance meets business needs. We’re a diverse group of people driven by providing reliable financial data to a wide variety of stakeholders. At the end of the day, that’s one of the foundations to make IKEA even better!