We offer you an exciting challenge in an international and growing company with a strong culture and great development opportunities. We care a lot about our People & Culture and that is why we call our HR Generalist, People & Culture Generalist. At IKEA you will have the opportunity to actively contribute to the growth of our business through people. Come join us!
As a person you are passionate about people and share a strong belief individual’s potential. You act as an ambassador for the IKEA culture and values and enjoy working with tactical and operational tasks in a changing environment.
We want you to be a person who accomplish goals, complete tasks, and achieve results. You know how to work independently, take own initiatives and responsibility. You express your ideas and opinions effectively in verbal and written communication and are able to interact and engage naturally with both managers and co-workers. We believe that you have an education within HR and some years of experience from a HR/P&C position. Preferably you have experienced from working with recruitment and employer branding, working environment, labour law, leadership development and/or competence development.
A DAY IN YOUR LIFE WITH US
Your role as People & Culture Generalist is to act as a business partner to managers at the store in Ottawa. You will support managers and co-workers to be able to deliver results. You provide People & Culture expertise and ensure that the People & Culture strategies are put into practice.
• Contribute to the creation and operational implementation of the local HR/P&C action plan.
• Contribute to the building of local business competence by supporting managers and co-workers in their efforts to improve according to agreed development plans.
• Contribute to the positioning of IKEA as an attractive place to work and the preferred employer in the relevant market for every function by gaining and applying relevant insights.
• Contribute to staff cost budget compliance, help to secure a diverse, appropriate staff structure and support the defined business and productivity goals.
• Provide support and advice to co-workers and managers with regards to co-worker relations that are in line with the labour relations principles, local policies, procedures and laws.
• Ability to ensure integrity of HR systems, guidelines and documents.
• Good analytical and numerical skills.
Capabilities & Skills
• Ability to independently and reliably work on agreed People & Culture actions
• Good communication and documentation skills
• Social skills and high accessibility
• Fast perception and ability to implement requests at short notice
• Understand KPIs and how to affect their results through People & Culture actions.
• Ability to organize, plan and prioritize