• You take individual initiative and are also comfortable working and collaborating within a large team
• You are polite, friendly and enthusiastic
• You have experience in a face-to-face service environment.
• You are detail oriented and have an aptitude for numbers.
• You are computer literate
• You are calm under stress, are an able and timely problem solver and can quickly build rapport with customers.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
As a Cashier working 12-20 hours per week:
• To ensure that you provide fast, efficient and friendly service to our customers on your assigned Register (either Full or Self-Service).
• Make sure that your machine is functioning correctly and is fully equipped at all times.
• You understand when to ask for help, when to make a decision yourself and to always keep the customer informed accordingly.
• Answering frequently asked questions from our customers about our store and company.
• Collaboration with your own team and any other function in the store as required.
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
At IKEA it’s all about our customers, and in Customer Relations we build and retain long-lasting relationships with new and existing customers in a multichannel retail environment. We’re a diverse team that work together to ensure a positive and joyful experience for all IKEA visitors and customers: we set up services, gather feedback and make things right! Our modus operandi is to connect to people by listening to their personal needs and to create genuine interactions. We’re a bunch of people who are truly passionate about people!