You have experience working in customer facing fast paced environments specifically around Christmas periods and are enthusiastic about working with others in a team. You have excellent communication skills and demonstrate a polite and friendly manner. You are able to quickly build relationships with others and have proven ability to be assertive and remain calm when faced with stressful situations. Good attention to detail and the ability to multitask and take personal initiative as well as an interest in home furnishing are important in this role.
As our store operates 7 days per week, the successful applicant must have availability to work a rotating roster with a mix of daytime and evening shifts, and up to 3 out of 4 weekends.
As a Customer Relations (Checkout Services) co-worker, you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
• Ensuring that payment is handled in a reliable, efficient, accurate and friendly way.
• Using your knowledge to resolve customer issues, recognising when to escalate to someone with higher authorisation.
• Priotising that the check-out is effectively equipped at all times throughout the day and you are ready and available to help customers when needed
• Building relationships with other departments and pass on any knowledge that will contribute to a better shopping experience for the customer.
• Building loyalty by ensuring customers have a positive final touchpoint during the IKEA shopping experience
OUR TEAM WITHIN IKEA
The checkout services team create a positive experience for the customer during the checkout process, to ensure that they return to shop with us again in the future. The team ensure that the service is fast and efficient for the customer and cost effective for the store.