A person with the potential to become a store department head as the next step in an established career path that could lead to the position of Commercial Swedish Food Market & Bistro Manager, Commercial Restaurant Manager, Shopkeeper or possibly as an alternative step in her/his chosen career development.
• Decision-making and problem-solving abilities with the drive to make things happen.
• Ability to prioritise and organise work.
• Takes responsibility and can delegate when necessary.
• Communicates well with others.
• Experience of working in vibrant retail environment with proven track record
• Experience of serving customers
• Experience of supervising and working in a team
• Experience of working with an KPI-driven action plan
A DAY IN YOUR LIFE WITH US
• I ensure our customers are always in focus and strive to make them smile. I meet and serve our customers showing empathy and care. I am willing to listen and support them with an attitude based on the IKEA values.
• I lead by example and am a good ambassador for the IKEA store in all contact with our customers, and I give them a good reason to return again and again.
• I always look at my store through the eyes of our customers and walk the store regularly.
• I have a daily dialogue with our customers to get continuous feedback about their experiences and to learn more about their needs and wants. I then take action based on their input.
• I take immediate action to meet the needs of customers and give input on how to continuously improve the meeting with them. I encourage my colleagues to do the same.
• I know about the services offered in my store and use this knowledge to help customers.
• I ensure our customers have a great shopping experience at all times throughout the day.
• I have an overview of the store business plan and IKEA Food action plans, and I contribute to my area’s action plan by supporting my manager in implementing it with the team.
• I secure an irresistible food offer by ensuring an attractive presentation and communication of the range.
• I am passionate about my products and actively learn about their content, origins and other benefits. I share this knowledge with my customers and colleagues.
• I know my top-selling products and 3 Aces and 1 King, and I ensure they are available and clearly communicated and displayed at all times.
• I work with my manager to actively contribute and support relevant marketing and in-store activities.
• I support my manager in implementing range changes in a simple and cost-conscious way.
• During unexpectedly quiet times I initiate commercial activities that attract store visitors and increase the take-up rate, or take other actions to secure productivity.
• I ensure my area is efficiently maintained as well as clean, organised, attractive and inviting to provide a positive customer experience.
• I use my local market awareness to give my manager input regarding range and pricing.
• I work with my manager to ensure all the co-workers in my area understand the IKEA Concept and key guidelines, as well as how these have an impact on their specific roles.
• I lead by example and support and coach my colleagues on the job so they can meet the needs of our customers and grow professionally.
• I work actively to create an environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality, and diversity is valued, to ensure IKEA Food is regarded as a great place to work.
• I take an active role in my team and co-operate when needed with colleagues in other parts of the store.
• I keep my colleagues informed so that they can perform their roles effectively. I pass on my knowledge to colleagues and encourage them to do the same.
Steering the business
• I contribute to making the IKEA store successful, high performing and capable of achieving sales growth.
• I work towards agreed goals and take appropriate action to ensure I meet them.
• I challenge costs by working in a lean, simple, cost-conscious way, using and sharing good examples and encouraging the team to discover smarter ways of working.
• I ensure that the IKEA Quality and Food Safety Policies and routines are followed.
• I report any food incident, or potential incident, through CASY and inform my manager.
• I contribute to creating a “safety first” culture where co-workers are encouraged to raise and discuss concerns and solutions.
• I ensure there is the right number of co-workers in the right place at the right time to run my area successfully.
• I also work proactively to avoid bottlenecks and consistently improve customer satisfaction.
• I ensure the daily operational routines and actions set out by my manager for the area are implemented.
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
It’s about attracting visitors to the stores, encouraging IKEA store visitors to stay longer and enjoy more, making it fun for everyone, offering great food with quality at the lowest prices, giving visitors a tasty reason to return again and again, and providing co-workers with a chance to rest and re-charge.
To ensure the full potential of IKEA Food is realised, the following 10 tasks must be fulfilled:
1. Attract visitors to the IKEA store
2. Offer a range that appeals to the many people on the market
3. Strengthen the low-price profile of the IKEA store
4. Strengthen the quality perception of the IKEA store
5. Contribute to a day out for the whole family
6. Strengthen the Swedish profile of the IKEA store
7. Build trust for the IKEA store among customers, co-workers and suppliers
8. Ensure that IKEA co-workers get a good meal for a low price
9. Serve the many store visitors
10. Be efficient and generate a reasonable profit
By doing this, IKEA Food supports the IKEA store in selling more IKEA home furnishing products.