• Should have basic knife skills to operate in a commercial kitchen atmosphere.
• Ability to use the sales forecast to plan production, organize manpower and utilize resources to have a seamless operation.
• A person with the potential to become a store department head as the next step in an established career path
• That could lead to the position of café Manager, Kitchen Production Manager, Commercial Restaurant Manager, and Shopkeeper or possibly as an alternative step in her/his chosen career development.
• Solution finder and critical thinker with a zeal to build a team that thinks and operates with the same spirit.
• Decision-making and problem-solving abilities with the drive to make things happen.
• Ability to prioritize and organize work.
• Takes responsibility and can delegate when necessary.
• Communicates well with others.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
Support the manager to fulfil the purpose of your function and the development of the IKEA business in the respective area of responsibility that is kitchen production, the IKEA Restaurant and co-worker restaurant. Strive to make people smile while providing irresistible food offers in a welcoming atmosphere that gives the customers a good reason to return again and again.
Line responsible during the work shift when the manager of the area is not present. Lead by example and will be responsible for the direct reportees performance and development talks. Spend at least 80% of the working time on the floor, listening, acting, helping and supporting customers and co-workers. Actively participate in daily operations to maintain standards, achieve customer satisfaction and develop the team
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
It’s about attracting visitors to the stores, encouraging IKEA store visitors to stay longer and enjoy more, making it fun for everyone, offering great food with quality at the lowest prices, giving visitors a tasty reason to return again and again, and providing co-workers with a chance to rest and re-charge, creating an atmosphere of growth, fun and opportunities for the team.
To ensure the full potential of IKEA Food is realized, the following 10 tasks must be fulfilled:
1. Attract visitors to the IKEA store
2. Offer a range that appeals to the many people on the market
3. Strengthen the low-price profile of the IKEA store
4. Strengthen the quality perception of the IKEA store
5. Contribute to a day out for the whole family
6. Strengthen the Swedish profile of the IKEA store
7. Build trust for the IKEA store among customers, co-workers and suppliers
8. Ensure that IKEA co-workers get a good meal for a low price
9. Serve the many store visitors
10. Be efficient and generate a reasonable profit
By doing this, IKEA Food supports the IKEA store in selling more IKEA home furnishing products