• You are service minded and sales driven and feels motivated working in a vibrant retail food environment.
• Previous service environment experience will be an advantage.
• Confident in approaching and talking to people in a friendly manner.
• Takes personal initiative.
• Good attention to detail and the ability to prioritise and organise individual work duties in order to make the most efficient use of time available.
• Agile and efficient to work in all areas of the Restaurant & Kitchen
• Able to handle high volume customer flow with a smile
A DAY IN YOUR LIFE WITH US
• Keeping the customer in focus by actively approaching them to make them feel welcome and taking action based on their questions and feedback.
• Ensuring your area of responsibility is clean, tidy, attractive and inviting. You also ensure products are in perfect condition and correctly priced at all times.
• Taking action to ensure safety at all times.
• Ensure efficiency and good operations following daily operational routines
• Follow food Safety standards rigorously
• I ensure our customers are always in focus and strive to make them smile. I meet and serve our customers showing empathy and care. I am willing to listen and support them with an attitude based on the IKEA values.
• I am a good ambassador for the IKEA store in all contact with our customers and I give them a good reason to return again and again.
• I see my area through the eyes of our customers and I have a daily dialogue with them to get continuous feedback about their experiences and to learn more about their needs and wants. I then take action based on their input. I also give new ideas to my manager on how to continuously improve the meeting with our customers.
• I know about the services offered in my store and use this knowledge to help customers.
• I contribute to an easy buying process that will make it easy and convenient for our customers to shop in the store at all times throughout the day.
• I work to ensure quality, freshness, efficiency and an appealing range presentation, for example by following set product sheets.
• I am passionate about my products and actively learn about their content, origins and other benefits. I share this knowledge with my customers and colleagues.
• I work to optimise sales, e.g. up-selling and add-on sales.
• I know our top-selling products and I ensure they are available and clearly communicated and displayed at all times. I promote alternative products when these are unavailable
• I support my manager in implementing range changes in a simple and cost-conscious way.
• I contribute to the department’s action plan by taking ownership for my part in its delivery.
• I contribute to vitality and take part in in-store activities that are set with my manager.
• I help and support colleagues when needed and I share my knowledge with them and encourage them to do the same.
• I value my colleagues’ ways of working and I learn from those who work differently to me.
• I take an active role in my team and co-operate when appropriate with colleagues in other area of the store.
• I keep myself informed so that I can perform effectively.
• I am responsible for my own development and look up to my manager to support me in my development.
Steering the business
• I know our daily and weekly sales targets and this drives me to sell more.
• I understand the impact of my actions on the financial results of my area and know which results I have influence over.
• I look for more effective ways of working to reduce costs and I am cost conscious, for example through; controlling waste, correct portions, correct production levels and correct cooking methods.
• I comply with and follow internal rules, policies and daily operational routines regarding issues like quality, food safety and stock figures as set by my manager.
• I execute IKEA store operations and I do my part to make sure that our operations are in line at all times with the Functional Commercial Review standards.
• Safety is a top priority and I and take action and raise and discuss concerns with a manager as needed.
• I ensure any food incident, or potential incident, is reported through CASY and I inform the duty manager.
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
Thanks to us, customers, co-workers and people at home can have a better everyday life through food that’s good for both people and planet. Together we serve more than 660 million customers yearly at the IKEA restaurants worldwide, underlining our Scandinavian heritage by offering a modern taste of Sweden. We also offer a variety of foods in our bistros and in the “Swedish Food market”. We are a diverse group of people who all live by the motto: Laughter is brightest in the place where the food is!