• Previous forklift warehouse experience is an asset.
• Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
• Be able to lift up to frequently lift 20-40lbs and occasionally up to 70lbs.
• Be able to lift, sit, stand, and walk for periods of time.
• Be a dynamic, action oriented team player that is self-motivated and confident in making independent decisions.
• A clear understanding of, and a passion for IKEA values and principles.
A DAY IN YOUR LIFE WITH US
• Assume major responsibility for shipping, picking, packing, receiving, block/storage.
• Unload and properly handle all inbound/outbound merchandise.
• Secure merchandise properly to allow for safe movement through the distribution centre.
• Verify articles received against corresponding paperwork and note any discrepancies to ensure 100% inventory accuracy.
• Remove and properly document all damages found or caused on inbound/outbound merchandise.
• Properly store/stage all pallets in assigned locations.
• Maintain a clean and safe work area in all locations within the distribution centre.
• Contribute to an environment where IKEA culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and customers.
• Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as assigned.
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
Where others see home furnishing products, we see smart solutions to create a better everyday life. With a great deal of passion, imagination and brainstorming we turn colours, textiles and furniture into inspiring environments that excite, engage and convince IKEA visitors that they can do it too!
Sunday to Wednesday, 10:00AM 8:30PM (10 hour shifts)