• Working experience in Safety and Loss Prevention or equivalent working experience
• Proven knowledge of relevant health, safety and security policies and standards, accident prevention and federal/local regulatory compliance.
• Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
• First Aid, disaster response experience and CPR certification.
• Interview and interrogation capabilities.
• Security monitoring and alarm equipment experience.
• Be a dynamic, action oriented team player that is self-motivated and confident in making independent decisions
• A clear understanding of, and a passion for IKEA values and principles
• Use creative problem solving skills in conjunction with IKEA’s core values
• Computer literacy: Word, Excel, and Power point
• University degree in Risk Management or closely related field desired.
• Ensure a safe and secure environment for co-workers and visitors through training, audits, inspections and follow ups.
• Meet IKEA’s intended level of Safety & Security by achieving positive results during SecCheck and insurance inspections.
• Maintain OHSA compliance programs and Loss Prevention audits for the site to ensure that all security, safety, emergency systems and procedures are operational to guarantee that IKEA’s co-workers, the IKEA brand and assets are protected.
• Work in partnership with the management team regarding sensitive issues, including but not limited to, harassment, co-worker misconduct, and information security.
• Communicate, create awareness, coach, and train co-workers to ensure that IKEA intended level of health, safety and security are known and implemented.
• Ensure an effective incident handling and reporting process is applied, and that incidences are analyzed, followed and preventative actions are implemented.
• To ensure compliance with IKEA Group Risk Manual, IKEA Rules and Guidelines and national/local legal demands.
• Contribute to an environment where IKEA culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers.
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
Experience in safety and security is an asset. Security guard license is not necessary but must be willing to obtain within 3 months of hire (paid by IKEA).
Overnight Monday - Friday 11:00PM-7:30AM