You will be available for either 10pm starts or 2am starts
ABOUT THE JOB: You can expect that we will support you to develop your leadership, coaching & management skills with a team which is extremely rich in diversity, values & backgrounds. As well as developing leadership within a fast paced environment you will develop your Logistics technical competence. Each day is challenging & different and enriches your IKEA experience in order to become an effective leader. This important role contributes to achieving the agreed availability of products to IKEA customers at the lowest possible costs. The position is ideally suited to a person who enjoys quick decision-making and solving daily work issues while on the go.
YOUR ASSIGNMENT Your tasks will include:
• planning, organising and monitoring the flow of goods within your area of responsibility in the store, i.e. from goods receiving to sales locations for replenishment so that sufficient stock is available to meet the needs of customers.
• working actively to improve productivity through efficient resource planning, including managing sickness leave, staff allocation, flexible working and efficient goods flow operations.
• providing input to your manager on logistics capacity requirements in your area of responsibility and the creation of a business plan and goods flow action plans.
• empowering your team of co-workers by delegating responsibility to help each person grow and develop, according to their individual ability and experience.
• working closely with your merchandising partners in the store commercial team to implement an efficient and successful goods flow process that leads to more sales.
YOUR PROFILE Your knowledge, skills and experience include:
• You are self-reliant and motivated with a proven ability to work as part of a larger team.
• You are able to set expectations for others and provide clear direction and follow up.
• You can prioritise and organise your work and the work of others to make the most efficient use of time available.
• You have a keen interest in retailing and logistics as well as experience of working in a fast-paced environment.
• You can adjust your style of communication to get a message across to the receiver.
GROWING TOGETHER IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
Real Living Wage Employer
Subsidies food and drink
1 in 4 weekends off
End of year gift
IKEA Pension Scheme
Cycle to Work scheme