Jobs home > Safety & Security Manager
La visión de IKEA es crear una mejor vida cotidiana para la mayoría de las personas. Hacemos esto al ofrecer una amplia gama de productos para el hogar bien diseñados, funcionales y a precios tan bajos que tantas personas como sea posible tengan acceso a los mismos.
Estamos decididos a traer un poco de Suecia a México.
The Safety & Security Manager will work closely together with various departments and all
management level throughout the organization to:
1. Ensure a safe and secure environment for our customers, co-workers and visitors
2. Strengthen the IKEA brand and protect our assets.
3. Maintain an overall risk aware and control culture
4. Maintain compliance with internal IKEA and external legal demands.
During store operations:
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for co-workers and customers through training, audits, and standards and national/local legal demands.
- Assist the Unit to meet the IKEAs intended level of Safety and Security by achieving positive results.
during Sec Check and insurance inspections.
- Co-ordinate with the unit Emergency Response Team and management for the handling of any emergency cases and provide appropriate action according to the store Emergency Management Plan.
- Secure incidents are properly reported in the incident reported tool and to insurance companies, when applicable. Ensuring proper documentation and follow–up.
- Accountable for investigation of internal and external incidents and recommending resolution and revision of routines as necessary.
- Maximise the Unit profit by proactively implement measures to reduce the number of S&S related incidents.
- Identify areas prone to fraud and secure adequate controls are in place.
- Improve Sales results by partnering with business unit stakeholders to ensure inventory accuracy and detect source of shrinkage.
- Implement crowd management plan for peak days
- Proactively identify emerging risks, and ensure early involvement in new initiatives in unit
- Be the initial point of contact when fraudulent activities or unethical behaviours (including but not limited to harassment, co-worker misconduct) are suspected or identified.
- Carry out first level investigation on fraudulent activities or unethical behaviours
- Work together with the Retail Risk Manager to ensure IKEA Standards, Risk Management
frameworks as well as legal demands are followed.
- Manage the S&S function in the store and develop potential successor.
JOB SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE
Deep knowledge of the following areas:
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Administrations, auditing or controlling
- Technical Security Systems
- Fire Codes
- Building Codes
- Local criminal or civil laws
- Emergency response handling
JOB SPECIFIC CAPABILITIES
-Ability to independently and reliably work on agreed Safety and Security actions.
-Ability to react confidently to critical situations and act appropriately to minimise risks to the business and people.
-Strong communication and documentation skills with all levels of management.
-Ability to plan effectively, to influence others (especially when divergent interests) and follow up on changes implemented.
-Fast perception and ability to implement request at short notice.
-High level of personal integrity (a criminal background check is conducted).
-Desire to join IKEA and Grow.
-Passion for people, IKEA business and values.
-Extensive interest in health, safety and security.
-Desire to continuously improve the organisation.
-Passion for achieving results through the organisation.
-Experience in similar role in retail or related
industries ( minimum of 8 years).
-Experience with incident reporting and claims
handling process with insurance company.
-Experience in managing FCC and security guards.
-Ability to influence and develop people and act as
a role model and coach.
-Ability to communicate confidently and clearly in
English and in the local language (written and
verbally) and influence when divergent interests.
-Self-reliant and motivated with proven ability to
work as part of a team as well as independently.
-Experience dealing with crisis preparedness (fire
drills, system testing…) and crisis management.
-Working knowledge of MS Office computer
programs (PowerPoint, Word and Excel).
-Experienced in data and trend analysis
-Experienced in investigating fraud and unethical
-Strong management and leadership experience.
-Sound technical knowledge of security and safety
-Experience of setting and implementing long-term
strategic plans, setting budgets and following up goals.
-Understand profit and loss and how to affect its result
through their actions.
-Ability to quickly develop knowledge of the local market
and business conditions.
-Change management skills.
-Ability to read and understand legal and technical
-Crowd control experience.