Jobs home > Product Compliance Specialist - PLA Functions
You see things a little differently. So do we. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. We put togetherness at the heart of everything we do. Come see things a little differently with us.
The IKEA brand is one of the most successful home furnishing brands in the world. We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them.
IKEA stores offer almost 10,000 affordable home furnishing products and solutions. Today there are 459 IKEA stores in 49 countries around the world. The Inter IKEA Group is a part of Inter IKEA Systems B.V., owner of the IKEA Concept and worldwide IKEA franchisor.
IKEA Supply is responsible for securing that the product offer is produced and delivered to our customers. We lead the supply agenda across many functions and work together with all business areas, different business units, but also retail markets to secure customer availability in all markets and sales channels at lowest total cost.
Co-workers within IKEA Supply lead an exciting life with the mission to develop business with suppliers and deliver IKEA products to IKEA stores located around the world. The goal is to meet the price, quality and sustainability expectations of our customers. IKEA Purchasing and Logistics Services is part of our Purchasing and Logistics Area Americas which has offices in King of Prussia, PA/USA, Curitiba, Brazil and Mexico City, Mexico, and is a subsidiary of the Inter IKEA Group.
**To be considered for this role, please submit your resume and application in English**
About the job:
The Product Compliance Specialist has a great impact on the way IKEA is working together with our suppliers. This position offers a chance to work with and through others to ensure compliance to regulations and IKEA requirements. As a Product Compliance Specialist, you will lead the work of securing the high quality of our products to millions of customers each year.
About the assignment:
The Product Compliance Specialist responsibilities including but are not limited to:
- Lead and facilitate trainings and workshops for Business teams and Suppliers to develop competence about product requirements and specifications, testing, ways of working and compliance tools/systems
- Perform spot check in the frame of bringing new products to market (Gate Checks) to verify that the new products comply with documentation and requirements. Verify compliance on the running product range
- Coach and support the Business teams in daily operations and evaluate new potential suppliers by addressing risks and risk mitigation connected to Product safety and Chemical Compliance
- Perform mapping and risk assessments of critical chemical substances/materials and processes
- Participate in the development of new IKEA of Sweden specification requirements, by securing input is given on potential impacts from a supply chain perspective
- Contribute to develop and lead implementation of global product compliance working methods and tools, and co-ordinate local implementation
We believe that you are as curious as we are and eager to explore new places and to meet new people. You have the capability to perform complex analysis and risk assessment and draw conclusions to support the right business decisions and implementations. You are a good communicator in English and Spanish, both spoken and written, with the ability to communicate clearly and in a simple way. You have a holistic view, always having Customer, Supplier, IKEA, compliance, and quality development in mind. You can transfer knowledge and working methods to co-workers and suppliers.
You have a university degree in quality management, chemistry/chemical engineering or similar. Alternatively, you have a technical background and significant experience working with quality/compliance management or chemical issues. You contribute with experience in handling product quality, compliance, and chemical requirements, acquired at suppliers or other manufacturers, laboratories, consultancy companies or governmental authorities.
You bring knowledge and/or experience in:
- Consumer product legislation concerning health and safety, e.g., local legislation and/or European Union chemical-related product safety legislation
- Having integrity to take decisions for non-compliance even if they have a business impact, being consistent and building trustful relationships
- Informal leadership, high energy, and a high drive to work with and through others both in IKEA and with suppliers, to reach common goals
- Working in a structured and organized way, prioritizing and performing multiple tasks on an operational level with great attention to details
- Ability to Communicate and transfer complex information in a clear way
- Are fluent in English and Spanish (both written and verbal)
- Have a university degree in a relevant area of study or 3-4 years relevant work experience
- Can coach, inspire and enable suppliers/service providers and business teams to continuously maintain and improve compliance performance and create a compliance culture
- Would be comfortable with traveling 10-20% (air travel, domestically and internationally), and hold a valid passport or can acquire one
- Hold a valid driver’s license and can drive in various cities/states/countries
- Understand various productions processes and are comfortable in manufacturing environments
At IKEA, we value diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are committed to providing coworkers with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We encourage individualism and invite you to come join our team and be yourself with us!
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristic protected by law. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to learn more about current opportunities? Come say Hej (hello in Swedish) here: https://about.ikea.com/en/work-with-us