The ideal candidate will have had experience or exposure within Facilities Management and a basic technical understanding of (HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems together with building automation and building structures) with preference in retail buildings and its connected equipment.
We are looking for a highly passionate individual who is, pro-active and has a sense of urgency in the delivery of tasks. You share the IKEA values and belief in growing business and people together.
The Facilities Management Co-worker is responsible for supporting the Site Facilities Manager in maintaining and servicing the building and sites according to a common standard, to promote and protect the IKEA brand and to ensure IKEA’s position as the leading home furnishing retailer in Marsden Park.
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
We are looking for a candidate with potential who wants to take the next step in their development!
You would be responsible for:
• CAFM (Computer Aided FM tool ) limited operator
• Data entry (sustainability and waste reporting)
• Contractor management (arranging contractor works and meeting contractors on site)
• Site FM cover (annual and sick leave )
• Capital works implementation (organisation and management of contractors on site)
• Arranging ad hoc waste services
• Cleaning inspections and follow ups
• Organising contractor visits to carry out preventative and reactive maintenance
• Support FM with weekly / monthly / annual checks (e.g. emergency lighting, fire equipment, blackout tests, extinguisher, etc.)
• From time to time some physical tasks will be required e.g. flag replacement, emergency repairs to make safe
• Able to work autonomously
• Record keeping