Jobs home > Strategic Insight Leader - Range
You see things a little differently. So do we! We believe that what you value is more important than what your CV says. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. Come see things a little differently with us.
About the role
We are looking for a Strategic Insight Leader - Range to join the IKEA Consumer & Market Insights (ICMI) team in Core Business Franchise, the worldwide IKEA franchisor and owner of the IKEA concept. This strategic role is placed in the Brand & Range Insight team. The team that helps people throughout IKEA to develop a strong and loved IKEA brand and product range that enables a better everyday life for the many people. This role acts as the main business partner to the Range team and focusses on strategic challenges and opportunities for the IKEA product range. Key responsibilities include:
- Being the insight business partner for the Range team in IIRC (IKEA Identity, Range & Communication)
- Lead the generation of strategic range insight for the full IKEA value chain with a focus on supporting and impacting; Range development, the Range Strategy, frameworks and guidelines that impact range development, strategic range initiatives, HFB business planning and selected other priorities in the action plan of the Range team.
- Identify knowledge needed to transform and develop the Range for customers of today and tomorrow
- Translate and embed data and knowledge models into frameworks and guidelines to end users, with special focus on guidelines that influences Range development both short and long term in order to enable and strengthen fact-based and well founded decision making within Range topics. (e.g. range performance framework)
- Take active part in day to day work of business partners in order to react to insight needs and proactively identify opportunities to work based on existing data, knowledge, insight and tools
- Work closely with similar roles across the value chain working with analytics, insights and performance to secure coherence, efficiency and a strong collaboration.
- Be an ambassador towards the insight product teams for holistically meeting the insight needs from Range related processes and user groups
- Support the development of capabilities that secure Insight based ways of working in Range and Product development.
- Interpret data and insights from the common starting point developed with the wider insight community for Range specific topics, with special focus on our development projects to enable decisions based on understanding of current and future challenges
- Range representative in the IKEA Insight Community in general
This is a full-time role based in Malmo and/or Älmhult, Sweden. The role reports to the Brand & Range Insight Manager in CBF and has a dotted line reporting to the Range Monitoring Manager in CBF.
- You bring knowledge of the IKEA product range, democratic design dimensions or a similar approach
- You bring knowledge of the IKEA vision and business idea, IKEA culture & values, the IKEA direction and strategies and the IKEA concept.
- You know how to use insight products, methods and tools to support and influence the business make better decisions.
- You bring up-to-date understanding of everyday living and developments in living situations landscape on a global level.
- You have good knowledge of research design, methods and trends
About your capabilities
- Experience from leading and facilitating assignments across functions and organisations, including creative partners.
- Communication and analytical skills, including excellent command of English, active listening, facilitation, and the ability to communicate complex issues in a clear, engaging way with a down-to-earth, simple tone of voice.
- Capability to build trustful relationships with stakeholders, partners and IKEA franchisees.
- Proven capability of leading both development and implementation of strategic frameworks and approaches.
- Capability to lead in an agile way, running tests and pilots as well as scaling up with speed and quality.
About your relevant work experience
- Experience in roles focusing on IKEA uniqueness and identity.
- Work experience in marketing, product development, consumer behaviour, social studies.
- Extensive and in-depth experience with a broad range of consumer and market insight methods
- Recent experience with product design/development, interior design, trends in consumer behaviours and circular design within retail environments in different markets, including work with customers across cultures and living situations.
- Indirect leadership experience
About your motivation
- You have a passion for design, quality of life and sustainability, with a deep interest in customer behaviours across cultures and demographics.
- You enjoy working with data, insight, and knowledge; Willing to impact the future of insight and data at IKEA
- You have a genuine interest in life at home, living situations and home furnishing.
- You have a genuine interest in building relationships, partnerships and networks and have energy to coach and mentor others to develop in their assignment.
About IKEA Consumer & Market Insights (ICMI)
ICMI has the assignment to contribute to IKEA people making well-founded decisions based on actionable and timely insights. ICMI delivers Consumer Insights, Strategy & Market Insights, and Brand & Range Insights. Each of these three areas develops and/or operates insight sources to IKEA people across our value chain.
Who we are
The world is changing, and the IKEA business is changing with it. For IKEA, though, one thing will always remain the same ─ our vision to create a better everyday life for the many people.
We will strengthen and develop our competencies to meet the needs and dreams of the many people worldwide. And to be accessible and relevant, wherever and whenever they wish to meet IKEA.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Jasper Wuts, Brand and Range Insights Manager - IKEA Consumer & Market Insight, at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact Femina Karlsson, Recruiter, at email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application in English, at the latest 21st June 2022!