We see that you come with outstanding Visual Merchandising experience or similar, preferably from different markets as a creative influencer leading the areas on Country level. We believe you have a strong passion for the design of retail spaces, Retail, people and innovation. You are a curios person with visionary leadership and profound knowledge related to store layouts range presentation and you have the capability to lead this work on global level. You do not shy away from challenging the existing and are used to cross-functionally leading subjects with by setting business plans in connection to retail design solution development.
Since you will lead the shop design area across markets, we see that you have experience of leading concepts, and are able to actively pend between operational and strategic work on a daily basis. We believe that you have proven experience and capability of the following:
• leading teams and proven experience of people development
• trends that influence home furnishing, retail design and communication to gain insight to a more appealing product presentation for customers in our retail environment
As our Shop Design Manager you will be responsible of the design of retail spaces & home furnishing solutions where the IKEA product range can be presented in the best possible and inspiring way for all the customers. You will secure extraordinary shopping experiences use of the best practices, new technologies and constantly improve techniques. We expect you to drive an open and sharing climate, being a role model of the IKEA values where our co-workers are informed, engaged and empowered.
• design the retail spaces and solutions in order to become visually attractive and to drive sales, based on the customer journeys
• create a visually stimulating and engaging shop experience that inspires product and solution discovery and purchase, together with colleagues in the markets
• lead and inspire the Shop Design Specialists and develop their visual merchandising and retail design competence to strengthen the uniqueness of the IKEA identity in a new and existing physical touchpoints.
• support the Shop Design Specialists in developing and creating inspiring presentation solutions that reflect a wide variety of styles and price levels and life at home activities with seasonal relevance connected to the commercial activities
• coach and support Shop Design Specialists in the use of global tools, proven solutions, best practices and when needed make the global solutions locally relevant
• ensure involvement by market based resources on a project basis to secure local market relevance
• be responsible for developing learning content in collaboration with the Learning Designers
• work across functions within INGKA Group and in good collaboration with other IKEA businesses to secure a strong and aligned consumer experience across touchpoints
This role is located in Malmö and you will report to the Retail Solutions Manager.
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
IKEA Market Support is a central function with the mission to empower the markets to deliver extraordinary growth, a strong brand positioning and a convenient and inspiring customer meeting, through solutions and support that are customer centric in a new retail era. The Centres of expertise include Customer & Consumer Insights, Market Input, Planning & Review, Attract & Activate, Home Furnishing & Retail Design and Selling & Customer Experience.
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
If you have any questions related to the role, please reach out to Alessandra Genovese, email@example.com. If you have questions regarding the recruitment process, please feel free to contact Susan Sjölund at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible, but please no later than December 1st, 2019. Please note that we will be reviewing applications on a continuous basis.
Warmly welcome with your application!