We are looking for you who are passionate about creating an IKEA fit for the future with the customer at heart, energized by contributing to overall success and results through collaboration and excellent knowledge and expertise. You find working together in in an ever-changing multi-dimensional environment inspiring and great motivation in finding new ways through co-creation with colleagues and other IKEA units as well as by living the IKEA culture and values.
We believe that you with the ability to drive results, accomplishes goals and completes tasks. You have a great detail focus in the sense that you perform work with care, accuracy, and attention to details. You prefer team work where you collaborate with others to achieve goals and in dealing with ambiguity you comfortably handle unclear or unpredictable situations.
You are flexible and change direction as appropriate based on new ideas, approaches, and strategies. You act with integrity- honestly in accordance with moral or ethical principles.
To be successful in this role you should have a university level education and/or proven knowledge in the field of international occupational health, safety and accident prevention. You need a minimum of 5 years’ experience within the same field. Further, you hold the ability to make well balanced decisions taking different business, people and ethical perspectives into consideration together with strong sense of integrity and high ethical standards.
Moreover, you should have knowledge in the following areas:
• in occupational health and safety in large-scale commercial organisations.
• in safety standards, rules and regulations for IKEA retail, food and logistics equipment and operations.
• in international standards and norms for workers, visitors and children safety.
• of how to assess and mitigate risks in a business environment.
• of how to plan, conduct and follow up internal safety checks in IKEA units
• of how to set up a plan or framework for programs and work structures in order to meet the standards set by government laws and regulations as well as internal IKEA policies.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
The purpose with this position is to provide expert knowledge and advice to ensure a holistic and proactive safety risk handling for Ingka Group which is well accepted and understood by the business stakeholders, ensuring risks are identified, assessed and treated.
Among many things, you will:
• Develop standards and provide subject matter expertise support in the areas of safety and visitor accident prevention to countries and group functions.
• Monitor and follow-up on major and critical internal audit reports in the area of safety.
• Support the development of standards and provide subject matter expertise support for IKEA retail, food and logistics equipment as well as racking and indirect material safety.
• Develop and maintain safety frameworks.
• Define and monitor relevant key indicators and make accident analysis with the purpose to define preventative actions.
• Define and maintain policies, standard operation procedures, guidance and templates in the wider area of safety.
• Secure alignment and integration of Business Risk & Compliance as part of projects and initiatives.
• Support the development and the maintenance of compliance verification activities in the wider area of safety.
• Monitor changes in legislation on a global level and process updates in steering documents, internal controls and compliance verification activities.
• Lead and inspire a risk and compliance performance mind-set, raise risk awareness and promote a risk culture, and thereby support growth and maximization of business value.
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
By integrating and applying risk and compliance frameworks into our processes, not only do we do it right from the start, we also secure a more efficient and risk-aware organisation resulting in a better performance.
We aim to empower people and business to grasp the many opportunities and take responsible risks every day while safeguarding and strengthening our people, customer relationships, our assets and the IKEA brand.
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
If you have questions regarding the role, please reach out to Magnus Cudzoe at email@example.com or Damiano Tagliabue at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions regarding the recruitment process or other practicalities, please get in touch with Pernilla Cederlund at Pernilla.email@example.com.
FYI: This recruitment is being handled in a new recruitment system where you as a candidate now have your own recruitment page. You can now track the status of your application and edit attachments even after submitting your application. Please note that the candidate information we may have saved in the previous recruitment system is not connected to the new platform. You will be asked to update your profile with new information.
Welcome with your application!