We are looking for a person who is passionate about understanding customers and their life at home. You truly live the IKEA values and share our vision of creating a better everyday life for the many people. We do also believe that you get motivated by working agile and appreciate the mix of strategic thinking and operational work. As an Operational Insights Specialist, you have the ability to identify, collect and analyse data, turning it into insights and ensure that they are accurately applied when creating the IKEA customer offer and experience. The combination of strong analytical skills and a solid interest in customer needs, attitudes and behavior will be a perfect match for this role.
To succeed in this role, we believe you have proven training in data analytics/statistics/computer science or equivalent. For a minimum of 3-5 years you have been working with customer insights/CRM/customer data and have obtained strong analytical and research skills. You are familiar with customer data, sales/transactional data and have knowledge about general structures of data bases and tables. Preferably, you have a background within Retail and/or consumer goods. You are used to work with both quantitative and qualitative data and can easily convey a message to business stakeholders, visualizing data and making impactful presentations. You have good understanding of business processes and how you use insights as an integrated prat of the business. Previous knowledge of the IKEA Brand, culture and way of working is seen as meritorious.
You have knowledge of how to:
• Analyse customer needs, attitudes and behaviors and retail market trends in a way that will help IKEA gain insights to better attract, develop and retain customers
• Segment and profile customers based on their needs, attitudes and behavior
• Perform CRM analytics including targeting, follow-up and A/B testing
• Conduct customer research including sampling, creating questionnaire and analysis of results
• Create and implement change initiatives and manage stakeholders in IKEA
• Govern and manage customer information in a responsible way to build trustful customer relationships
• Work with analytical tools e.g. BigQuery, SAS, SPSS, QlikView, Power BI or equivalent
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
As an Operational Insights Specialist, you will contribute to the creation and sharing of actionable operational insights about consumers and IKEA customers. This in order to create a better understanding of the perceived customer journey and to enable better informed strategies, plans and decisions.
• Execute initiatives following IKEA strategies, plans and decisions, globally and locally, to improve the understanding of our customers
• Support the development of analytical capabilities in close cooperation with various IKEA functions, especially the Customer Engagement and the IKEA Family teams
• Support specification of business needs for collection, integration, auditing and usage of IKEA customer data
• Analyse primary IKEA customer data and other customer engagements where data can be harvested and contribute to the central repository for insights
• Support communicated insights with recommended activities, actions, and solutions that can be carried forward to relevant stakeholders
• Ensure that developed analytical capabilities are used in local markets to improve customer engagement and support customer-centric competence development
• Support in developing and sharing best practices and learning content for insights competence development in the markets together with Market Support Knowledge Leaders
• Provide subject matter support for both the development and country teams, enabling an infusion of relevant, actionable insights into the business
• Work across functions within INGKA Group and in good collaboration with other IKEA businesses
This is a temporary role, initially for one year. You will work in Malmö, Hubhult, and report to the Operational Insights Manager.
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
There’s a big difference between doing things right and doing the right things. In our team we gather insights from big data to make sure IKEA does the right things. We’re a diverse group of people who spend our days digging into consumer behaviour and how people live their lives at home. You could say that we know the trends before they’re actually trends – and we use that knowledge to create a better everyday life for our customers.
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
If you have any questions related to the role, please reach out to Agnes Gawel, firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions regarding the recruitment process, please feel free to contact Caroline Årzén at email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible, but please no later than the 25th of October. Please note that we will be reviewing applications on a continuous basis.
Warmly welcome with your application!