Who you are
Do you enjoy working in an ever-changing environment, where finding innovative solutions and welcoming changes will be a part of your everyday life?
Welcome to Group Function Financial Controlling! For us, adapting is key to succeed in supporting our stakeholders in the best feasible way. As our next controller, building great relationships with your stakeholders is something that comes naturally, and you care to create a great collaboration with the organization you support. Here, we believe that you bring experience from working in a global and complex organization (preferably with English as an everyday language).
As a person, you are a self-starter that can find the answers and work methods even when the framework is a bit unclear. Your positive energy and drive to find solutions will help you in getting the work done! Of course, we are keen to find a controller that is accurate and gets the figures right – but we also believe that you can look at the big picture. And, of course, you share and live the IKEA culture and values. You see things a little differently. So do we.
To be successful in this role you have a bachelor’s/master’s degree within accounting/finance/economics and have 2-3 years’ experience working with accounting & reporting, controlling or other finance related field. As the role is a bridge between accounting and the business stakeholders, we would love to see that you have experience from working within both these areas. Furthermore, you have good knowledge of accounting and financial reporting rules & practices.
As a Group Function Financial Controller, you will lead, steer and support the overall Ingka financial reporting, that is beneficial to people & planet and adds value to our assets, securing profitable growth and financial independence. In this role you will support an area in Group Digital, Ingkas Digital organisation, containing and developing digital solutions supporting the rest of Ingka.
You will provide accounting & reporting services, with a strong compliance framework and effective governance, in order to enable entrepreneurship and safeguard our people, customers and businesses. You will work close to the digital organisation and stakeholder, supporting them in their financial decisions. More specifically, this means you will:
• set up and maintain the financial structures to follow-up cost and performance and support decision making in line with global frameworks
• work closely together with Business Navigation to create insight in costs and performance and support business steering
• perform variance analysis, review and challenge reported actuals and forecasts and provide first level of commentary
• coordinate the budget, forecast and cost follow up of the Group and Service Functions including preparation of management reporting
• be responsible for an efficient and effective management/service fee recharging process (calculation, recharging, agreements etc)
• ensure relevant, complete, accurate and timely Accounting, Financial and Management reporting based on standard global frameworks and local legal requirements
• work with the Group framework teams and functional leadership to minimise deviations from standard global frameworks for business needs and compliance reasons and secure effective ways of working
• contribute to global projects to develop financial operations and reporting
• document internal financial controls and review of effectiveness
• secure and maintain a connection with and between core areas, business owners, group functions and process teams within the Ingka Group
The main location for the role is in Malmö. You will report to a Group Function Financial Controlling Team Leader.
About this work area
Our purpose is to enable business transformation and secure Ingka Group long term profitable growth and independence through financial steering and decision support, operational excellence and compliance.
The Ingka Group is a world leader in the home furnishing business. We are a strategic partner and the largest franchisee of the IKEA franchise system, owning and operating 367 IKEA stores and digital touchpoints in 30 markets. We are a value driven company with a passion for life at home and a vision to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Questions and support? Let's connect!
If you have any questions regarding the position, please reach out to Kelly Johnson at email@example.com
Question related to the recruitment process? Please reach out to Carl Johan Petri at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward receiving your CV and motivation letter in English language, as soon as possible, but not later than 11th of June. Welcome with your applications through our job portal.