Because you have a passion for the power of communication and leading through it. You love leading others, developing them and inspiring co-workers to be excellent communicators. With the mind-set that creativity is something where the sky has no limits and where you dare to be different - you have the ability to determine the creative vision of the IKEA brand.
As an Editorial Manager you have the knowledge of using insights to formulate communication strategies, plans and activities to meet the needs. Updating yourself within communication trends is something you constantly do. You also know how to create communication materials and have an understanding of digital, social media and graphics. We want someone who simplifies processes and appreciates the mix of strategic thinking and turning communication into practice. You love working in an environment with lots of changes and where you can work in a more agile way.
Of course you have an understanding of IKEAs corporate identity, core values and the vision. You are a true ambassador about IKEA culture and values and also about IKEA tone of voice.
To succeed as an Editorial Manager you need:
• Advanced training in strategic communication, marketing and/or business leadership or equivalent
• Minimum of 10 years of both external and internal communication experience
• Senior experience as a creative director or leading big creative projects (project management) in an agency or company
• Experience with managing/advising on communications in a customer-centric business
• Strong documented leadership and English skills
As an Editorial Manager your responsibility is to drive the vision, production processes and overall quality of IKEA/Ingka communication materials aimed to reach and engage our co-workers and the many. You will deliver major high-profile materials end-to-end. You will also drive an open and sharing climate, being a role model of the IKEA values where our co-workers are informed, engaged and empowered.
Amongst others you will:
• Be responsible for coordinating all work within the Editoral Unit
• Drive the creative vision of the company
• Contribute in communications strategy & planning discussions
• Maintain a cohesive look and feel of our communication
• Ensure consistent brand messaging
• Push for improvement of communication standards and materials
• Streamline use of external consultants
• Empower our leaders to lead through communication
• Lead, coach and develop a team of graphic designers, copywriters and digital producers
In this positon you will report to the Integrated Communication Manager and will be placed in Malmö.
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
Our team is the voice of IKEA. We use words, pictures and videos to tell the story about IKEA, to build our brand and inspire people with our offer. We bounce ideas back and forth, we challenge each other and we are crazy passionate about communication. Of course we’re also the ones who make sure to keep all our fellow co-workers informed, engaged and connected in a constantly changing business environment.
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
If you have questions regarding the role, please reach out to David Affentranger at email@example.com. If you have questions regarding the recruitment process or other practicalities, please get in touch with Pernilla Cederlund at pernilla.cederlund.@ikea.com.
Please send in your application, consisting of a CV and a cover letter named after the specific position, as soon as possible. We are looking forward to get to know you soon!
FYI: This recruitment is being handled in a new recruitment system where you as a candidate now have your own recruitment page. You can now track the status of your application and edit attachments even after submitting your application. Please note that the candidate information we may have saved in the previous recruitment system is not connected to the new platform. You will be asked to update your profile with new information.