The be successful in this role you have a minimum of 10 years interior design and visual merchandising experience on a global level, which includes experiences gained from implementing creative directions for multiple retail locations around the world. With your great leadership and facilitation skills, developed by running large scale workshops and trainings, you are able to empower your stakeholders to grow creatively and to see opportunities instead of obstacles. We see that you have a senior management background within the above mentioned areas and have experience of store design development and execution of central planning activities across markets world-wide.
Through your vast experience of leading and influencing teams, you have the proven ability to determine the creative vision of a brand/company and have a clear understanding of communication trends and the ability to turn them into practice. We are looking for an individual who has a clear passion and excitement for the ongoing trends within this space and must have a natural curiosity and willingness to continue to explore and grow their knowledge base. You will also have strong interpersonal skills and be able to build trustful relationships in order to lead change through communication with IKEA’s business goals and co-workers in mind. All in all, we see that have knowledge in the following areas:
• understanding of the retail establishment process and the expansion needs in a fast-paced activity
and global environment
• leading creative processes; good facilitation and coaching skills to be able to contribute to the creation of the vision
through clear briefs
• good knowledge of customers' living situations in different areas around the world as well as their needs and frustrations
in their everyday life at home
• how to create, implement and follow-up creative change initiatives at a global scale
• leverage of multichannel shopping experiences
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
In the role as our new Creative Direction Leader, you will be responsible to creatively lead our newly formed planning teams in the Central Planning Hub of Group Expansion. The main objective of this role is to drive the vision for the design of retail spaces and home furnishing solutions for new Customer Meeting Points (CMPs) and major rebuilds based on our most recent home furnishing and merchandising solutions for IKEA globally.
Your assignment will include, but not be limited to:
• be responsible for the creative vision of the new CMPs and manifest that vision through digital, print and film
• proactively contribute in communications strategy and planning discussions to ensure alignment with the creative vision
• maintain a cohesive IKEA look and feel of the new CMPs
• ensure consistent brand messaging, including voice and tone across print, video and other communication media in the CMPs
• ensure competence in the planning hub in order to strengthen the uniqueness of the IKEA identity and a vital, inspiring and efficient range presentation fitting the needs of the many that enable access to the whole range in a multichannel retail world of IKEA
• being at forefront of new solutions and new technology in order to optimise customer experience and efficiency of CMPs
This is a full-time permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden. In this role you will report to the Retail Solutions Planning Manager at Group Expansion.
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
With the customer at the heart of everything we do, Group Expansion takes responsibility for strategic expansion planning enabling penetration of existing and new markets. We take the lead for business development of existing and new customer meeting points. We act on business needs and empower the markets to maximise accessibility, implement our retailing concepts and fully utilise our assets in the new world of IKEA – all at lowest cost, with economy of scale and sustained profitability.
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
If you have job specific questions please contact Kitt Hagelquist at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Simon Gabrielsen at email@example.com. Please note that we are unable to handle applications by e-mail, and that the last date to apply is April 28th.