We are looking for a Copywriter with great passion and curiosity about copywriting and storytelling. As a Copywriter you are excellent in creating a clear and compelling story with an IKEA tone of voice. You get loads of energy by being creative and you are able to think outside the box. For you it’s motivating to support others and help them become excellent corporate communicators. In this position you work both independently and interdependently with the communication network and across functions. Since we live with constant change – you need to love and embrace change and work in an agile way.
You demonstrate strong IKEA leadership skills, by using sound judgements to make timely and effective decisions. Of course you are an ambassador for the IKEA values and culture.
To be a successful Copywriter you need:
• proven advanced training in British English. Communication, marketing, journalism, creative writing or equivalent
• minimum of 5 years’ experience in a creative writing or marketing including both external and internal communication experience
• experience with managing or advising on communications in a customer-centric business
• experience with social media communication
As a Copywriter you drive quality of written communication materials aimed to reach and engage the many and the delivery of major high-profile materials end-to-end. You will drive an open and sharing climate, being a role model of the IKEA values where our co-workers are informed, engaged and empowered. Some of your tasks are the following:
• be responsible for the production and quality of written internal and external IKEA/INGKA communication materials
• work as part of the Sharing & Documentation Team together with graphic designers and editors on the end-to-end delivery of major high-profile materials
• create, manage and update content for websites, social media, mobile applications, interactive media and other digital products
• ensure consistent brand messaging, including voice and tone, across print, video and other communication channels
• actively push for improvement of content creation, based on trends in communication and the latest developments within the communication field
• drive the creation of clear, compelling text to inform and engage co-workers and to sell products and/or educate and engage the many on all IKEA channels
• use storytelling as an integrated technique in the daily work
• inspire business leaders with best communication practices
• work across function within INGKA Group and in good collaboration with other IKEA businesses
This is a temporary position for 12 months.
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
At Market Support, Home Furnishing & Retail Design, the mission is to enable extraordinary growth by supporting the markets in a new era of meeting the customer. We will empower the markets to realize a simple, unique, and seamless meeting. It is also our responsibility to provide our markets with economy of scale and exceptional quality in common solutions for all. We will organize for efficiency and effectiveness.
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
If you have questions regarding the role, please reach out to Gillian Reilly at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions regarding the recruitment process or other practicalities, please get in touch with Pernilla Cederlund at pernilla.cederlund.@ikea.com.
Please send in your application, consisting of a CV and a cover letter named after the specific position, as soon as possible. We are looking forward to get to know you soon!
FYI: This recruitment is being handled in a new recruitment system where you as a candidate now have your own recruitment page. You can now track the status of your application and edit attachments even after submitting your application. Please note that the candidate information we may have saved in the previous recruitment system is not connected to the new platform. You will be asked to update your profile with new information.
Please - no recruitment agencies.