IKEA Industry Group, Purchase Division is looking for a Business Developer, Wood-based boards and board components.
to further develop IKEA Supplier Base on global market.
IKEA Industry is the world’s largest producer of wooden furniture and is an integrated part of Inter IKEA Group. IKEA Industry has 41 production units in 10 countries with about 19 000 co-workers. Every year, IKEA Industry produces more than 100 million pieces of furniture for IKEA customers.
Division Purchase is the global purchase organization in IKEA Industry. We work in 5 Categories (Wood, Boards, Chemicals, Source and Foils, Edges & Paper). This enables us to form professional partnership with other parts of IKEA as well as within IKEA Industry, deliver a stronger price development and to meet increasing demands on sustainability compliance.
The main scope of this positions includes:
• Overall responsible for supplier performance and relationship
• Responsible for building professional and long term relationship through IKEA way of doing business, based on a shared business model, trust and transparency
• Professionally challenge suppliers to constantly improve all aspects of supplier performance according to supplier action plan
• Responsibility for new purchase markets development
• Driving the Supplier Development Process
• Development of saving projects, identification of cost reduction opportunities
• Leading the risk management process
• Ability to work in remote set-up
You can succeed in this position if you have:
• Willingness to work in dynamic and changing business environment
• Structured and fact-based approach to business development
• Extensive experience with sourcing development activities
• Knowledge of value chain principles
• Knowledge of contract management
• Knowledge of wood based materials
• Experience with strategic sourcing set ups on global level
• Strong business ethics
• Doing business with a holistic view
• Good knowledge of fluent English
• Experience in cooperating the team
If you have any questions regarding the role, please contact Category Manager Ryszard Amielko, +48 603 137 917.
Please send your application in English no later than March 1st, 2020