Jobs home > Business Developer/Strategic Purchaser for Machinery & Equipment Category, Inter IKEA
You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe people are at their best when life and work are in healthy balance. Come see things a little differently with us.
Inter IKEA Group brings together three core businesses (divisions): Franchise, Range & Supply and Industry. Together we work constantly to improve the IKEA home furnishing offer and make it more accessible for the many people.
The world around us is changing. Rapid changes in competition, demand, technology, and regulations has entailed that it’s more important than ever before to be able to respond and adapt quickly. For IKEA though, one thing will always remain the same ─ our vision to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Category Machinery & Equipment, belonging to Category Area Indirect Procurement has more than 7000 suppliers delivering business critical machinery and equipment, including spare parts and services needed to process or produce products intended for sales from development stage to end of life. Main internal stakeholder is Industry, follow by Supply Chain Development & Supply Chain Operation and IKEA Components.
Category is in a build-up phase, so for you who thrive in a position where less is already decided, where you will have a high influence in both what to do and how to do it together going forward, this is a great job for you.
As Business Developer/Project Leader you will:
· Work together with Engineering and Project teams on selected projects.
· Develop the procurement strategy for segment or project. Collate specifications, technical and quality requirements. Develop and implement standard tendering documentation including compliancy and evaluation templates.
· Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities. Assist in the identification of new suppliers and ensure due diligence is carried out for all new sources of supply.
· Manage the RF(x) process involving all relevant stakeholders and ensure appropriate technical and end user reviews are incorporated and recorded within the tender review and decision making process.
· Evaluate tender responses in terms of safety, health & environment, quality and value for money. Negotiate terms and conditions. Contract management.
· Coordinate contract milestones, drawings, documentation, deliverables (e.g. FAT's and acceptance events).
· Evaluate and monitor contract performance following contract placement to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes.
· Lead improvement activities such as supplier development process and purchase development process to create and implement action plans together with stakeholders and suppliers.
· Building professional long-term relationships with suppliers based on fact based business leadership, acting fair, honest, professional and demanding.
· Pro-actively working together with stakeholders and suppliers to identify and take action on opportunities and act on deviations.
· Contribute in development of ways of working and source to pay process for indirect procurement across INTER IKEA.
To shine and be successful in this role, we wish that you:
· Have experience of machinery procurement and/or capital expenditure purchases
· Have experience within procurement activities such as procurement strategy development, supplier management and development, tenders, business and process development
· Are strong in stakeholder management and collaboration, can build relationships easily and quickly
· Have analytical and problem solving skills
· Excellent negotiating and communication skills
· Able to establish and lead cross functional project teams and business teams, enjoy team work
· Have high self-drive and able to work and lead in the unknown
· Can work in remote management and team set-up
· Are a strong IKEA values ambassador
A few more details for you:
This is a full time role located preferably in Zbąszynek, Lubawa, Goleniów, Trnava or Malacky as there is a need to be close to our Industry units.
The position requires global travelling (when possible again).
If you have any questions about the position please contact Lenka Kovarova, Category Manager, email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application in English, at the latest May 17, 2021.