You are inspired by our vision "to create a better everyday life for the many people" with a passion for sustainability and highly motivated about making IKEA People and Planet Positive. You are also eager to learn and develop new skills, you are result oriented and change driven, together with a strong desire to lead business and people. You share and live the IKEA culture and values.
To be successful in this role you need a minimum 3 years of work experience in sustainability and/or business preferably retail, as well as knowledge of IKEA Brand, culture, values and way of working. Retail market experience is preferred.
You have the knowledge in following areas:
• in depth knowledge of the IKEA Concept, Brand positioning and Culture & Values
• in depth knowledge of the relevant IKEA business processes
• in depth knowledge of how to identify and involve relevant stakeholders in a project, process or question to make things happen
• in depth knowledge of how to initiate, plan, execute, control and close a project
• in depth knowledge of how to implement long-term plans, according to set budgets and goals
• good knowledge of how to balance and merge environmental, social and economic aspects to define sustainability and how IKEA uses that knowledge in striving to make business within the limits of the planet
• general knowledge on relevant sustainability subject matters within the specific topic/market area, with the desire to develop deeper knowledge
• general knowledge of activity planning, the commercial calendar and how to ensure customer engagement and retention
• emerging knowledge of what healthy and sustainable living means and how it contributes to reducing environmental household footprint and help people make a positive change
In addition to this you enjoy planning & organising by coordinating and directing activities to help achieve business objectives. You accomplish goals, complete tasks, and achieve results as you develop virtual and other collaborative relationships to facilitate current and future objectives. In dealing with ambiguity you comfortably handle unclear or unpredictable situations. You are flexible, and you can change direction as appropriate based on new ideas, approaches, and strategies, inspiring and motivating others to accomplish organisational goals.
A DAY IN YOUR LIFE WITH US
As a Sustainability Business Partner you will enable the transformation and growth of the IKEA business by being a business partner and within applicable areas of the organisation you will secure and future proof a sustainable Ingka. You will also contribute and support others in the consistent and effective execution of the Ingka sustainability People & Planet Positive strategy.
• collaborate and align with applicable country functions and internal as well as external stakeholders to secure sustainability is integrated across all country functions in delivering their sustainability contribution to the agreed frameworks and strategies
• secure local country adaption of the global direction and ambitions, to drive sustainability initiatives, processes and projects that deliver to the total business agenda and a more People and Planet Positive IKEA
• ensure that alignment, budget and resources are in place to move the sustainability agenda forward in applicable areas within your country - progression through agreed methods and tools and closing the performance gap
• enable and follow-up sustainability performance and progress based on the country business plans, Group tools and methods
• facilitate the integration and implementation of sustainability by supporting the country functions with the right information, best practice solution, tools & methods and ways of working
• develop a strong understanding of specific sustainability situation in your country and contribute to country business agenda, to feedback and share across sustainability matrix
• proactively identify challenges and opportunities and/or supporting units to overcome challenges and optimise opportunities
• document and evaluating initiatives and activities with a view to capitalise on learning, sharing and promote continuous improvement
In this role you will report to the Sustainability Manager.