Jobs home > Accountant (Property)/Credit Controller - Permanent, Full-time
Property Accountant/Credit Controller - IKEA/Ingka Centres
Job title (IKEA internal): Accountant
Contract type: Full-time, Permanent
Job location: IKEA Wembley (combined approach office/WFH)
Working pattern: Monday-Friday, 39 hrs per week
ABOUT THE ROLE
A vacancy has arisen in the UK & IE Finance department. This role is for a Property Accountant where you oversee the Accounting and Financial Controlling for the Ingka Centres in the UK and will be responsible for all monthly, bi-monthly and annual statutory reporting. You will be responsible for ensuring all deadlines are met, reconciliations are performed and reviewed in a timely manner. It takes the diversity of thought, background, and culture to achieve our business goals. We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds to our team.
ABOUT THE FINANCE TEAM
We’re a diverse group of people driven by providing reliable financial data to a wide variety of stakeholders. At the end of the day, that’s one of the foundations to make IKEA/Ingka Centres even better! It takes the diversity of thought, background, and culture to achieve our business goals. We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds to our team.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• A Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics or a related combined field.
• Almost or newly qualified ACA/ACCA or qualified by 5+ years accounting experience.
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), internal controls, financial reporting and tax laws and regulations.
• Demonstrated ability to perform wide variety of high level accounting, budgeting and financial reporting.
• Experience in prepare, analyse and report complex accounting data.
• Proficient in MS Office skills.
• Experience in multicultural and multinational organization.
• Ability to handle multiple topics and changing priorities/deadlines.
• Self-reliant and self-motivate with a proven ability to work as part of a team as well as independently across or-ganizational and geographical boundaries and travel when required.
• Excellent communication skills – ability to communicate effectively in a virtual team and with customers (tenants)
•Ability to build trustful relationships and inspire others at all organisational levels.
•Ability to anticipate and recognize the implications of own decisions and actions on the whole organization and strategy.
•Background in commercial real estate would be beneficial.
• Responsible for raising the invoices to the tenants in line with their tenancy agreement and contacting the tenants to ensure that the monies are collected in a timely manner and negotiating payment plans where necessary.
• Complete the service cost /charge reconciliation and other related tasks specific to the “Asset Management” industry.
• Responsible for ensuring all transactions booked into the financial system are accurate and correctly posted for each legal entity in line with the GAAPs applicable.
• Responsible for producing timely and accurate reconciliations of all accounts at each period end.
• Keep up to date with changes internal and GAAP accounting and tax legislation and complete the quarterly VAT return.
• Responsible for analysing and submitting monthly results for Group reporting, and answering any queries.
• Apply business and accounting knowledge to make sense of the transactions and challenge when necessary.
• Responsible for reviewing the operational ways of working and reporting and working with key stakeholders in the business to ensure that what they do is compliant with rules and regulations.
• Responsible for all financial reporting processes in their control, ensuring that it is effective, with good controls in place and that each process is well documented. At all times the processes should lead to accurate and timely recording and reporting, in line with accounting and tax regulations
• Work with key stakeholders in the wider business to ensure that all balances are accurately captured and that all risks are controlled/mitigated.
• Responsible for supplying the auditors the year-end schedules required to support a successful year-end clean audit report.
• Actively take part in finance meetings.
• Support the wider Finance team in tasks.
Sound like you? Hurry up, the deadline for external applications is on 11 May 2021. We are excited to receive your application very soon!
QUESTIONS? LET’S CONNECT!
If you have any questions regarding the role or around the recruitment experience, please contact me at email@example.com.