You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe that what you value is more important than what your CV says.
We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. Come and see things a little differently with us.
You have 10+ years of increased responsibility in accounting or a finance related field and 5+ years of managerial/team lead experience in a large multinational organization. You are a professionally qualified accountant ACA/ACCA or local equivalent with strong knowledge of Dutch Gaap and in-Depth experience in strategic decision making forums.
You are fluent in English and have a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Accounting / Finance / Economics or a related field.
As a person you are flexible, multi-task and pro-active, comfortable handling unclear or unpredictable situations; you can work under pressure and meet required deadlines. You know how to prioritise work for you and for your team members, set expectations and provide clear directions. You have proven skills in developing people and providing support, coaching, training, and career direction to others.
In other words, you are a passionate and hands on professional with a strong sense of urgency and a solution focused approach; you know how to establish structure and working routines in a dynamic and complex environment.
You are an open minded team player, with good communication skills that help you to navigate through the different levels of the organization. You enjoy working in a vibrant and changing multi-dimensional, multicultural and multinational environment.
And, of course, you share and live the IKEA culture and values and have a genuine interest in home furnishing.
Group Finance & Global Business Operations enables business transformation and secures Ingka Group’s long term profitable growth and independence through financial steering and decision support, operational excellence and compliance.
The Group Financial Controlling team leads the Financial Controlling Function providing support to the three core-businesses IKEA Retail, Ingka Centres and Ingka Investments.
The Group Accounting & Internal Control Manager leads, steers and supports overall Ingka financial reporting that is beneficial to people & planet and protects and adds value to our assets, securing profitable growth and financial independence. This is done by providing Accounting & Reporting services, supporting a strong compliance framework and effective governance to enable entrepreneurship and safeguard our people, customers and businesses.
More specifically, this means you will:
• Lead the development of the team based on the global finance, organisational and people development direction to secure the right competences, performance and succession.
• Lead countries, businesses and group and service functions in the development and implementation of a harmonised global and local Accounting & Internal Control framework as part of financial operations.
• Develop and own the Group's Accounting and Internal Control frameworks.
• Lead the development of financial operations together with other relevant functional areas.
• Translate business and legal needs into accounting requirements and lead the development of the accounting framework as part of the financial operations.
• Develop and maintain the Accounting & Internal Control Centre of Expertise that will serve the CFO Community and act as a business partner with core areas and other stakeholders.
• Support Ingka Group leaders and governance bodies with deep insight in Ingka Group state of Internal Control.
• Lead and coordinate accounting reviews to secure adherence to global and local frameworks.
• Secure and maintain a connection with and between core areas, business owners, group functions, process teams within the Ingka Group.
• Secure cross-organisational readiness and continued business growth in terms of competence, performance and succession through enabling an end-to-end approach.
OUR TEAM WITHIN IKEA
The Ingka Group is a world leader in the home furnishing business. We are a strategic partner and the largest franchisee of the IKEA franchisee system, owning and operating 367 IKEA stores and digital touchpoints in 30 markets.
The Ingka Group is a values-driven company with a passion for life at home and a vision to create a better everyday life for the many people.
In the Leiden office we are approximately 200 co-workers, mainly working in Group Functions for Ingka.
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
You will be based in Leiden and will report to the Group Financial Controlling Manager.
If you have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact Maya Goldbeter, (email@example.com), People & Culture Business Partner Recruitment Leiden.
Your application, written in English and consisting of a covering letter and CV, should be registered on-line. Please note that behavioral and cognitive assessments will be part of the recruitment process.
Your early application will be appreciated!
We regret that we are unable to handle applications made by e-mail.