Financial Controller, Ingka Group
Leiden, South Holland Finance, Accounting & Tax Full Time
The Ingka Group of Companies, the largest franchisee of IKEA, is the world’s leading home furnishing retailer, with over 350 stores in 30 countries.
Our vision is to create a better everyday life by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them.
At Ingka Group we want to give honest, down-to-earth people the opportunity to grow, both as individuals and in their working roles, so that together we can show our commitment towards creating a better everyday life for ourselves and our customers. Ingka Group is looking for co-workers with a genuine interest in home furnishing – enthusiasts and team players who are prepared to shoulder the responsibility of making sure that our values remain a living reality within Ingka Group.
Group Reporting is a team (currently 5 members) of enthusiastic dedicated professionals, part of Group Business Navigation & Finance, and based at the Ingka Group office in Leiden. In this office a big part of the Group functions are located, including the Group Management Board. The Group Reporting team manages the consolidated reporting process of the full Ingka Group and supports the Group with technical accounting knowledge.
In FY18, the Ingka Group reported Total Assets of EUR 52 billion, Revenue of EUR 37 billion and Net Income of EUR 1.5 billion.
To stay ahead and be prepared for the future, we are looking for a new colleague to join our Group Reporting team, we are currently looking for a
Financial Controller, Ingka Group
As a Financial Controller you are an Ingka ambassador and use your knowledge and your experience to work together with all local Finance teams over the world to steer towards growth, optimal performance and sustained long term profitability. You interact in an inspiring, supportive and challenging way in line with the Ingka objectives and values.
You want to develop yourself by acquiring Ingka finance knowledge in combination with further development of your reporting and communication skills. You will work together with the Reporting team on a global level and develop a network with Ingka people in the different Ingka units over the world.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Support the coordination and execution of the periodic consolidation of the Ingka Group results. During the process you determine deliverables, communicate instructions and follow up on issues of all our Ingka units.
- Support Ingka units & stakeholders in different countries on questions about reporting and analysis requests, policies and instructions.
- Responsible for the consolidation set-up in the consolidation tool, enabling correct consolidated data. This includes, amongst others, maintaining the (company) structure in the consolidation tool, making sure it reflects the latest status of Ingka Group based on input from the legal department and Business Navigation.
- Support business controllers in generating insight in business performance by translating their information needs into concrete deliverables.
- Review of financials that are reported by Ingka companies and discuss financials with local teams such as accounting managers and business navigators.
- Support to (finance) projects within the Group, and support on special transactions & reporting and accounting matters.
- Update the Reporting pack template in the consolidation tool based on the reporting requirements and business needs.
- Contribute to the preparation of periodic reports for the Management Board and Audit Committee.
Your knowledge, skills and experience include:
- You are passionate about Ingka’s business, culture and values.
- You have a hands-on mentality, and are very accurate when it comes to working with details. You enjoy and are good at focussing on data quality, making sure data in the consolidation tool is correct, enabling to deliver the right insights for the business.
- You are a dedicated team player, take initiative and have a high drive and motivation with a positive attitude, and are curious and open for a continuously changing environment.
- You take ownership of your deliverables and are self-critical on delivered quality.
- You have strong analytical skills and a solution focussed approach.
- You are motivated to support on special transactions / projects, as well as on recurring tasks.
- Work both in a team and independently and work collaboratively across organisational and geographical boundaries and travel when required.
- Create structure and working routines in a dynamic and complex environment.
- Excellent listening, verbal, written and presentation communication skills (English).
- Comfortable with working, structuring and analysing data in MS Excel.
Knowledge and Experience
- 3 - 4 years’ experience in reporting, financial controlling and/or audit experience in a (large, multinational) professional organization.
- MS Office skills and advanced Excel skills (e.g. ability to work with lookups and pivot tables).
- Relevant bachelor degree.
Do you recognize yourself in all of the above? Then we are looking forward to receiving your application, consisting of a cover letter and CV in English, which should be registered on-line at IKEA.com.
Please note that an (online) assessment, as well as a background check will be part of the recruitment process.
We regret we cannot receive applications by e-mail.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Fernanda Cavalcanti (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Martin Schroder (email@example.com).