Jobs home > Sustainability Compliance Auditor
About the company
You see things a little differently. So do we. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. We put togetherness at the heart of everything we do. Come see things a little differently with us.
IKEA is one of the world's leading home furnishing companies. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them.
The Inter IKEA Group is a part of Inter IKEA Systems B.V., owner of the IKEA Concept and worldwide IKEA franchisor.
IKEA Supply is part of IKEA Range & Supply and is responsible for securing that the product offer is produced and delivered to our customers. We lead the supply agenda across many functions and work together with all business areas, different business units, but also retail markets to secure customer availability in all markets and sales channels at lowest total cost.
Being a Sustainability Compliance Auditor, you will support business teams and work closely with and thru others on a daily basis to be successful and deliver results. You will secure that all IKEA requirements related to sustainability are met by IKEA business partners in a Purchase and Logistics Area. This will be done by performing verification audits in accordance with all relevant working methods.
About the assignment
The Sustainability Compliance Auditor will be responsible for several different things. These include but are not limited to:
- Plan and perform initial sustainability compliance gap analysis and regular audits verification activities in relation to IWAY – the IKEA Code of Conduct.
- Update and maintain all necessary systems where reports and results are registered.
- Support the business development teams during the IWAY implementation, maintenance and improvement process at supplier and sub-suppliers.
- Train, transfer knowledge and support suppliers and business development teams on requirements, working methods and compliance agenda.
- Gather and analyse information and facts to draw objective conclusions about compliance/non-compliance.
- Use verification methods including facility walkthrough, document review and co-worker interviews.
- Responsible for reviewing root cause analysis of repeat non-compliance and for creating understanding for supplier in order to achieve compliance.
- Support on an as-needed basis global sustainability projects related to sustainability compliance, responsible raw material sourcing and animal welfare.
You have a passion for sustainability and are comfortable in manufacturing environments. Your passion for people and the planet allows you to make a direct influence at our suppliers by ensuring IKEA standards are met.
We also see that you:
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English (both written and verbal)
- Have a university degree in the relevant area of study is a plus or 3-4 years relevant work experience (environmental health & safety, corporate social responsibility and/or compliance verification/auditing)
- Coach, inspire and enable suppliers/service providers and business teams to continuously maintain and improve compliance performance and create a compliance culture
- Have the energy, drive and commitment for sustainability, people and the environment
- Will be comfortable with traveling up to 50% (air travel, domestically and internationally), once travels resume in the area. Currently all travels are stopped due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation.
- Are able to drive and hold a valid driver’s license
- Are honest with high integrity standards
- Have a good knowledge of health, safety, environmental and labor laws/regulations and employment standards
- Understand various productions processes and are comfortable in manufacturing environments
- Have knowledge of supply chain security and traceability is a plus
This position is based in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, USA. The selection process will take place continuously, so please send in your application in English as soon as possible.
Co-workers within IKEA Supply lead an exciting life! The mission is to develop business with suppliers in order to deliver IKEA products to our stores located around the world. The goal is to meet the price, quality and quantity expectations of our customers. In our Purchasing & Logistics Area we are working with suppliers within the whole Americas and have offices in King of Prussia, USA; Curitiba, Brazil and soon Mexico City, Mexico.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
At IKEA, we value diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are committed to providing coworkers with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We encourage individualism and invite you to come join our team and be yourself with us!
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristic protected by law. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to learn more about current opportunities? Come say Hej (hello in Swedish) here: www.inter.ikea.com/en/careers/work-with-us/index.html