Supplier Finance Analyst
About the company
The IKEA brand is one of the most successful home furnishing brands in the world. We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. IKEA stores offer almost 10,000 affordable home furnishing products and solutions. Today there are over 392 IKEA stores in 48 countries around the world. The Inter IKEA Group is a part of Inter IKEA Systems B.V., owner of the IKEA Concept and worldwide IKEA franchisor.
IKEA Purchasing Services US Inc. office is in King of Prussia, PA, USA and is a subsidiary of the Inter IKEA Group.
Most people see a table. You see the challenge of getting it to customers. We work hard to make sure everyone’s voice is heard and that everyone can make a difference. We offer positions that challenge your skills and inspire you to grow. Come see things a little bit differently with us!
About the job
As part of our Business Administration & Finance team, as Supplier Finance Analyst (SFA) your main purpose is to navigate and steer the business towards sustained long term profitability by:
- Being driven by the Inter IKEA business idea, culture and values, with a focus on sustainable profitability.
- Being a proactive trustworthy partner taking a multidimensional view in becoming the leader in life at home.
- Identifying and evaluating business opportunities to enable Inter IKEA organizations to make optimum decisions.
- Initiating and supporting the development of new ways of working, with focus on simplicity, providing relevant and user friendly business information standardized for all Inter IKEA organizations.
About the assignment
In your assignment as Supplier Finance Analyst (SFA), you will for our specific region in the Purchasing & Logistics Area Americas:
- Provide financial analysis, risk assessment and regular follow-up through the different steps of investment projects in accordance with working methods and routines.
- Support and steer through the various financial processes including : legal and financial screenings, credit and tools applications, extra-ordinary costs and ad-hoc requests;
- Support in preparing implementation, and steering business cases for investment purposes.
- Proven ability to pro-actively identify, recommend and implement areas for business process improvements.
- Monitor and supervise disbursements.
- Follow-up and monitor implementation of securities provided by our business partners, in compliance with local legislation.
- Support, train and recommend improvements for various routines and working methods including Supplier Finance working methods.
- Secure follow-up and administration of Inter IKEA tools and assets at supplier.
- Be the speaking partner to risk manager for identified risk cases.
- At any time, act as an ambassador of Inter IKEA values.
You have a deep financial knowledge and experience in financial analysis and risk assessment. You are curious and have the ability to understand business and adapt processes, routines and controls to meet overall objective in line with our business realities.You have as well proven ability to identify improvements, to recommend changes and implement them.
Additionally, we believe that you have:
- Deep financial knowledge (University degree in Economics or corresponding knowledge).
- Legal knowledge (understanding of purchase agreement package and product development agreement).
- Good knowledge of project management tools and methodology.
- Good understanding of how your everyday work adds customer value.
- Deep knowledge of market specific conditions and macroeconomics trends.
- Ability to lead business with a holistic view, always having Customer, Supplier, IKEA and Total Cost development in mind.
- Capability to perform business opportunity analysis, risk assessment, scenario planning and draw conclusions to support the right business decisions and implementations.
- Capability to understand relations and create preconditions for building long-term business partnership between Inter IKEA and suppliers.
- Capability to keep a good balance between details and overall picture.
- Ability to train people and share good practices.
- Ability to quickly develop knowledge of an industry and business conditions and take decisions based on this information.
- Understanding of Inter IKEA business model and total cost approach is a plus.
- Previous experience from the Business/Purchasing is a plus.
- Good understanding of Inter IKEA Strategic Landscape, especially Inter IKEA Purchasing Strategy.
- Good understand of Inter IKEA Business Model and Business Model for Growth.
- Good knowledge of supplier capabilities and material, service and production.
- Good understanding of Inter IKEA Purchasing Year Cycle and Governance Structure.
- Good knowledge of Inter IKEA Purchasing Manual, Purchase Agreement Package.
- Deep knowledge of Supplier Financing guidelines.
- Understanding of Category Plans.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.