Jobs home > Production Engineer
Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing and food products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them.
The Inter IKEA Group is a part of Inter IKEA Systems B.V., owner of the IKEA Concept and worldwide IKEA franchisor.
IKEA Supply is part of IKEA Range & Supply and is responsible for securing that the product offer is produced and delivered to our customers. We lead the supply agenda across many functions and work together with all business areas, different business units, but also retail markets to secure customer availability in all markets and sales channels at lowest total cost.
IKEA Purchasing and Logistics Services US Inc. is part of our Purchasing and Logistics Area Americas which has offices in Curitiba, Brazil, Mexico City, Mexico, King of Prussia, PA, USA and is a subsidiary of the Inter IKEA Group.
**Please note that we are accepting applicants that are interested in our King of Prussia, PA and Mexico City, Mexico location.
We onboard our suppliers as partners with whom we create long-term relationships. We want them to grow with us, become more efficient and achieve lower prices.
- You can have the confidence and freedom to do things your own way, including organizing your time. Your well-being is our priority. A variety of rewarding work awaits you, which you will be able to combine alongside your hobbies or family.
- Use opportunities for learning and growth working with suppliers! You will be able to travel to look at various manufacturing companies, understand new and different technologies, people and cultures.
- Everybody is seen as a talent. In regular informal talks with your manager, you can explore your development and carrier opportunities. We will support you on the way by internal and external trainings. We embrace making mistakes and learning from them.
You will work in a small, 3-member micro-team with a Business Developer who negotiates prices and take care of the overall commercial relation with the supplier, and a Supply Planner who handles logistics. As part of the annual action plan, you will be responsible for the Development of New Products, constant improvement of the quality of Existing IKEA products (Running Range) as well as the production process and workflow through tools such as 5S, Lean, and machine capacity utilization. All with the aim of reducing production inefficiencies, in terms of sustainability and business ethics. You will also perform:
- Developing relationships with suppliers – the micro-team regularly travels to the field to understand and solve issues first-hand, you see production from the ground up, help with the implementation of action plans, and cooperate in audit processes,
- Data analytics – this will be a primary function and most of your office-hours
- Operation – assure suppliers’ competence development with a special focus on product documentation updates into the system to secure compliance; resolving claims with root cause analysis, regular communication with suppliers, meetings with management and the team; being responsible for quality assurance; leading implementation of new and updated requirements, the running range, product deviation process, risk assessments and secure final inspections at suppliers; evaluating potential new supplier’s production facilities and quality systems.
We believe that you have:
- Preferably an engineering degree, 4+ years of experience in production environment and process development.
- Basic understanding of LEAN and 6 Sigma
- Proven experience from Quality & Compliance / Production environment, good knowledge of material properties, production processes and technologies,
- The ability to think out-of-the-box and critically in the constant search for ways to improve our products,
- Analytical thinking, which you will use in analyzing processes from the beginning of product implementation, to data evaluation and finding improvements, cost savings, better design or quality,
- Patience and good communication to help you find common ground with suppliers of different nationalities and to meet IKEA’s business demands,
- Fluent in English both spoken and written
- The ability to manage time well, to balance between the factory floor and office work.
People within IKEA value a culture of humbleness and open-mindedness. We do not have a rigid hierarchy system and encourage everyone to talk to anyone, and we don't have a dress code. We are characterized by enjoying long discussions and a relaxed, natural order with a great deal of personal responsibility. We want people proactive, engaged, internally motivated for results and eager to learn.
The position requires travelling 50-70% of working time and reports to Business Development Manager in Category Appliances in PLA South
At IKEA, we value diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are committed to providing coworkers with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We encourage individualism and invite you to come join our team and be yourself with us!
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristic protected by law. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to learn more about current opportunities? Come say Hej (hello in Swedish) here: https://about.ikea.com/en/work-with-us