IKEA Purchasing and Logistics is the organization that forms a link between the factory floor and the products on IKEA store shelves. We work with 1600 Suppliers all over the world for home furnishing, transport, logistics and distribution services, components and food.
Purpose of the job
· The main purpose of this job as a New Business Product Development Engineer is to lead, and involve the right resources from Purchasing and Suppliers to secure, the product development projects.
· Lead product development at the factory floor from an Engineering prospective.
· Create and maintain the product documentation and drawings. Secure they are updated and at correct quality level according to IKEA Documentation Guideline and standards. 3D CAD ability is a plus.
· Secure that the product is delivering on all IKEA Democratic Designs aspects.
· In cooperation with supplier and Product Compliance specialist, secure and verify that all relevant IKEA requirements and legal requirements are set and mitigated.
· Contribute to the development projects and design/product risk analysis from a technical perspective with competence in construction, material, production, quality and customer expectations.
· Actively identify, put forward, and execute Product Improvement projects.
· Conduct Production Risk Assessments for new products.
· Secure the 1st batch production and First delivery inspection are completed and approved.
Is this the challenge for you?
· Ideally you have previous IKEA experience working with the range and product development.
· Experience in a production environment, and ability to make decisions and solve problems.
· Project leading experience is a plus.
· Very good knowledge about DPOP and WoW in the HFB's
· Very good understanding of Democratic Design and customer needs and expectations regarding function, customer friendliness.
· You are a goal- and delivery oriented person with a passion for details and excellence in operations.
· You take initiative, having the courage to question and challenge.
· You are fluent in both spoken and written English and have strong communication skills with the ability to create confidence and build relations.
Interested? We are looking forward to hearing from you!
For more information, please contact Yulia Volkova (Yulia.firstname.lastname@example.org) +7 909 645 73 54