“IKEA offers well-designed, functional home furnishing at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. The role of the supply process is to buy, produce and distribute the IKEA range at the lowest total cost, making high quality available to the customer under good social and environmental conditions. Purchasing and Logistics Area North (PLAN) is one of total eight Purchasing Operations Areas within IKEA, and our co-workers are based in Älmhult, Dortmund, Moscow and Kaunas.”
The role of the Human Resource Department is to establish IKEA as the preferred employer by attracting those who share the IKEA values, ensuring development for all co-workers, inspiring them to perform and remain with IKEA by:
· Working in partnership with the business staff functions
· Ensuring the appropriate HR processes and tools are implemented
· Actively contributing to the growth of business through people
As a member of our unit HR function, you are expected to be a strong contributor to the development of managers and co-workers, providing HR expertise and ensuring that the HR strategies are locally put into practice in the most effective and efficient way.
Your main responsibilities will be:
· Understand business context, issues and challenges to provide specific advice and support to managers and co-workers
· Ensure HR-related compliance and take actions in case of deviations or improvement potentials
· Support in attracting, recruiting and maintaining talents based on business needs and facilitating competence flow within and cross-category areas
· Being a role model for IKEA Culture & Values and by that secure legal, ethical and moral perspective in people management and leadership situations
Are you the one we are looking for?
To be successful in this role you need to have:
· At least 5 years’ experience as an HR or an equivalent role.
· Ability to communicate confidently and clearly with various audiences in English, both verbally and in writing.
As a person you need to be passionate about people and to have a strong belief in individual’s potential. You need to be genuinely interested in and have a solid understanding of IKEA business dynamics. You are self-reliant and motivated with the ability to work as part of a team as well as independently and have the ability to establish trustful relationships. Furthermore, you have good communication, documentation and communication skills. And last but not least are you passionate about the IKEA culture and values and the IKEA Brand.
If you have lots of energy, a strong drive and high commitment and you enjoy working in a divers and changing environment where there is still time for laughter every day, this could be the job for you.
If you are the right person for this position, we can offer you an assignment in a global organisation with great development potential, where your ideas are heard and where the goal always is “to create a better everyday life for the many people”!
Please send your application in English only! If you want to be part of something big, this could be the right challenge for you. We are looking forward to getting to know you soon!