Deputy Quality Compliance Manager (Kaunas/Älmhult)
You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe in discovering and developing the talent in each of us. We invest in your passions and encourage you to grow with them. Come and see things a little differently with us.
Purchasing and Logistics Area North is part of IKEA Supply and is responsible for different business units across the IKEA value chain. The role of IKEA Supply is to supply the IKEA range at the lowest total cost, making high quality available to the customer under good social and environmental conditions.
If you are the right person for this position, we can offer you an assignment in a global organization with a great possibility to build and create something new, where your ideas are heard and where the goal always is “to create a better everyday life for the many people”!
As Deputy Quality Compliance Manager you will play a key role in supporting the business teams to develop the Quality result for the categories/New Business in the region and build quality competence to deliver products satisfying customer expectations in all aspects of democratic design. You will also have an additional role in supporting Kaunas site management to achieve an operational excellence.
As Deputy Quality Compliance Manager, you will:
- Lead action plan work for Quality Compliance and in cooperation with Categories develop the Quality Compliance agenda in the PLA, propose priorities and goals together to develop Quality in the region, aligning with Supply Strategy.
- Be responsible to build knowledge and support with trainings for co-workers and suppliers to support performance and continuous improvements.
- Support the business development teams to secure product and quality compliance in the daily operation towards the set goals for customer satisfaction, legal and health requirements and IKEA quality standard.
- Support New Business Team and Categories in opening new suppliers' capacities to be right from the beginning according to IKEA requirements and working methods.
- Lead and develop the process of “Gate Check before First Delivery” to secure right from the beginning and news performance - four eyes principle for customer satisfaction.
- Be responsible for verification of quality related processes (GO/NOGO, Purchasing Manual).
- Responsible for recruitment, securing competence level and growth, performance management, retention and succession plans for directly reporting co-workers.
- Lead and inspire co-workers to maximize utilization of technical specialist competencies by use better ways of working, processes, frameworks and tools in both PLA and matrix dimension
- Supporting site manager in the internal stakeholder management.
- Supporting the daily management of the company according to the instructions given by the Company Board and subject to any internal approval according to Inter-IKEA Group Decision Making Structure, Code of Conduct and Inter-IKEA Group Policies, Standards& Rules.
- Supporting the execution of PLA Home days.
- Support PLAN management team in strategic decision making.
Is this the right challenge for you? To be successful in this role we believe you are strong in business and people leadership and have a strong foundation both living and sharing the IKEA culture and values. Additionally you have:
- Excellent remote leadership skills. Thinking & Acting in a virtual environment.
- Work experience in an international environment.
- Ability to lead business with a holistic and analytical view, always act with the Customer, Supplier, total IKEA and Quality in mind.
- Ability to act in a complex environment, simplify, structure and bring clarity and directions for the co-workers. A fluent communication in written and spoken English is a pre-requisite for this role.
- Ability to deliver results through involving, leading, developing and inspiring people – acts as manager, coach and mentor.
- Engage and motivate people by sharing experiences and coaching others.
- Energy, drive and commitment to perform and deliver result in every areas.
- Highly motivated to lead people and competence development.
For more information or any questions regarding this position, please contact Sascha Honkomp, Quality Compliance Manager via e-mail at email@example.com. If you have any questions about the actual recruitment process, please contact Giedre Cesnulyte, People & Culture Generalist via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IKEA offers well-designed, functional home furnishings at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. The role of IKEA Purchasing & Logistics is to buy, produce and distribute the IKEA range at the lowest total cost, making high quality available to the customer under good social and environmental conditions. Purchasing & Logistics Area North (PLAN) is one of 8 Purchasing & Logistics Areas in the world, and our co-workers are based in Älmhult, Dortmund, Moscow and Kaunas. PLAN consists of several functions, such as Purchasing Development, Transport & Logistics Services, Customs Service Center, Quality Support Center and Warehousing Logistics.