The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Tenants Management executive is responsible for maintaining effective relationships with tenants in the initial phase of the construction works. Reporting to Tenant Management Manager, the Tenants Management executive ensures that all tenants accommodated within the terms & conditions of the Tenancy Agreement, House Rules of Toppen, Fit Out Manual, Design Guideline and Tenant coordination guideline.
1. Coordination of the activities among tenants, construction companies and authorities. To manage the fit-out projects in the mall and ensure adherence to safety standards, TA specifications and work schedule.
2. Daily interaction with teams from Construction, Leasing, Tenant coordination departments as well as Tenants and Contractors.
3. Cooperation with leasing department to prepare all requested technical layouts and ensure timely handover of retail lot to tenants
4. Supervision and coordination in final handover process, getting relevant permissions from the authorities, final inspections and revisions.
5. To ensure lease outline drawing inline with T&A
6. Manage the process of daily inspections to ensure tenants compliance on House Rules of Toppen, Fire safety standards and Tenant coordination guideline.
7. Monitor new and existing tenancies that require minor construction, infrastructural and remedial works during the post-occupancy stages.
8. Follow up on the fit out findings during inspections to ensure closure
9. Monitoring key dates for compliance with Tenancy Agreements
10. Tracking and reporting exchanges of plans and information with tenants
11. Plan and manage project schedule and site reports
12. Guideline, Safety Guideline and House Rules of Toppen
13. Ensure tenants’ fit out work are compliance of Toppen Rules and Regulation
14. Handling ad hoc department fit out work
15. Work with others CMO departments to ensure tenant’s complaints resolved
16. Conduct daily check on facilities/ amenities defects and submit checklist/ report when required.
- Professional Certificate, Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Master's Degree, required in Engineering, Interior Design, Architecture or Construction Management and 4-6 years of equivalent work experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Pro-active with positive attitude, independent and strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills, ability to create and improve cooperation
- Able to work independently and under pressure, able to multi-task.
- Possesses good verbal and written in English and Bahasa Malaysia.