You see things a little differently. So do we. Leadership at IKEA is simple, clear and humble. We’re not fans of bureaucracy and complicated hierarchy. We invest in your passions and encourage you to grow with them. Come see things a little differently with us.
You are service minded, customer driven and passionate in leading business and people together. You are innovative and open to new solutions with a passion for doing business, always keeping sustainability in mind and you deliver results within a given framework. Furthermore you have the ability to contribute to an environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and customers.
You have previous experience at management level from large-scale retail real estate development and experience of dealing with authorities. In ideal case you can use your wide spread network within the real estate area in Poland. You are an expert in the real estate market. In addition you have deep previous experience in contract negotiations with landlords and other parties. You have academic degree in law/urban planning/business administration/architecture. You enjoy travelling as you will often go on business trips.
You have knowledge in following areas:
• sustainable real estate development
• how to plan, attract, grow, deploy, reward and support co-workers & leaders
• project management
• change management, knowledge of how to create and implement change initiatives and manage stakeholders
• real estate leases, knowledge about how to investigate, negotiate & structure, secure permits, and acquire premises for the different needs within IKEA
• property divestment, knowledge of the process of selling property assets, consisting of real estate investigations, review of obligations & site relations, implementing mitigating actions, valuation and investigations of potential buyers, negotiations and creating of business case
• languages: ability to communicate effectively in Polish and English (you will use both daily: your colleagues are from all over the world and you will negotiate with the local partners)
In negotiating you explore alternatives to reach outcomes acceptable to all parties and you demonstrate general leadership ability and effectiveness. You have the ability to stimulate creative ideas and perspectives that add value. In addition, you provide guidance and feedback to maximise performance of individuals and/or groups and develop collaborative relationships to facilitate current and future objectives.
You have a pro-active approach, positive attitude and strong problem-solving skills. You are a solution focused person who communicates clearly and knows how to bring people together.
Main purpose for this role is to be responsible for all aspects of securing locations and related permits within Poland and deliver safe, compliant, sustainable and innovative property solutions based on business needs in the country according to the Real Estate scope in IKEA
• lead the work to secure and divest locations according to the Real Estate scope in IKEA, by delivering safe, compliant, sustainable and innovative property solutions that meet the needs of the business and the many people
• own, control and minimize costs and risks related to the acquisition, divestment, zoning, planning, permitting, value and operation of IKEA properties
• manage the procurement and contribution of all necessary external consultants and other stakeholders to enable tasks related to real estate development,
• support definition, development and securing implementation of IKEA internal strategies and processes related to the assignment
• develop working relations with local authorities and communities and proactively engage with them to gain support for development, planning and permitting of IKEA business such as big box retailing, large property developments, logistic developments, shopping centres and mix-use developments
• lead and supervise the approval and execution of all public infrastructure, utilities and other off-site improvements in connection to all new and existing IKEA properties
• work with other IKEA functions, real estate partners and local authorities to finalize the projects pending legal obligation and ensure the satisfactory hand-over of completed projects along with the relative documentation to other functions after completed acquisitions (title) and permits approval
• create an environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and customers
You will be based in Janki, but this role involves a lot of travelling to the sites.
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
Real Estate, Ingka - As engaged, open minded and curious experts in all parts of the real estate business we take responsibility for the real estate business at Ingka Group as a trustworthy, appreciated and wanted business partner. We secure new and maintain existing physical locations in order to meet the needs of the many people. We provide strategic insight based on our knowledge and understanding of the real estate portfolio in Ingka. We take the lead in delivering safe, compliant, sustainable and innovative property solutions – with Democratic design and life cycle cost on top of our mind. We actively maintain and secure that our properties are kept in relevant shape for the business
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
Learn more and apply on www.ikea.pl/TwojaStronaPracy.
In this application process we welcome your online application sending your CV and motivational letter in English. Video questionnaire and personal interview are the next steps in this recruitment process (applies to selected candidates). Please note, that we will prioritise applications from you who fulfil most of the requirements.
We appreciate your application as soon as possible, but please no later than September 5th.
Warmly welcome with your application!
• that you would stay with us for a longer time - we provide a contract of employment,
• that you would develop and build your skill with us – together we will create a development path that will suit your needs,
• to ensure the safety of you and your family - we provide medical care, Pension Plan and Accident Insurance,
• to appreciate your achievements,
• to give you the opportunity to choose additional benefits ex. cafeteria programme (including eg. Multisport card).
The home furnishing market is expected to triple in Poland by 2035 and IKEA is at the forefront of this growth. With strong expansion plans, we are creating opportunities for innovative, forward-thinking individuals who want to develop themselves, people and the business! We grow and we need you!