As the Distribution Center Manager (Central Fulfilment Unit Manager) in Itingen, Switzerland you will be responsible for the overall operations, performance and development of the distribution center. This includes oversight of approximately 275 co-workers (of which over 200 are in the warehouse operation), the building of 32.000m2 with a storage capacity of 32.000m3 and a handled volume of 336.000m3 in and out consisting of a total of +500’000 customer orders, spread over +350’000 parcel orders and + 150.000 truck orders.
To be successful in this position you should have:
• Min 4-6 years of experience in a management position (preferably in distribution, retail, logistics or similar) in a large matrix organization delivering both business results and people development.
• Success record in securing the implementation of mid- and long-term strategies with a strong focus on customer and co-worker satisfaction, financial business performance and compliance.
• A solid understanding of KPIs used to plan, follow-up and steer the business and a strong motivation to drive constant improvement, higher efficiency and exceeding goals and objectives.
• Strong financial acumen and understanding of the financial impact of business decisions.
• Collaborative mindset and good communication and negotiation skills in order to influence the business.
• Excellent stakeholder management abilities: very good knowledge of how to identify and involve relevant internal and external stakeholders in a project, process or question to make things happen.
• University degree (Economics, Logistics, Supply Chain Management) or proven performance in logistics/commercial/supply chain management
• Fluency in English, German is a plus
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
• Driving the high performing daily operations to secure product deliveries across all sales channels with great lead times, availability and quality at the lowest possible costs.
• Being on top of all standard operating procedures, planning, execution, follow-up and day-to-day continuous improvement of operations, relevant negotiations and legal compliance.
• Ensuring the implementation of new warehousing processes, technology and ways of working in the distribution center.
• Leading, coaching and developing a high performing organization incl. the center’s management team, with emphasis on communication, flexibility, performance culture, competence development, succession planning and living the IKEA culture and values.
• Creating and actively maintaining a work environment which supports equality, diversity and inclusion, and well-being.
• Being accountable for the sustained business financial success of the center
• Securing a strong collaborating with internal and external key stakeholders strictly following a customer-centric, collaborative, end-to-end and process-oriented mindset.
• Running a safe and secure working environment and securing compliance to Standard Operations Procedures (SOPs).
OUR TEAM WITHIN IKEA
Our purpose of the IKEA distribution center organization is to deliver a seamless shopping experience with great quality throughout for the many people. To make IKEA products & services available for customers, and ensure they are both affordable and profitable. At the heart of our business are people. We create a better everyday life for the many people we interact with by actively living our shared values and safeguarding our unique culture.