“IKEA offers well-designed, functional home furnishings at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. The role of the supply process is to buy, produce and distribute the IKEA range at the lowest total cost, making high quality available to the customer under good social and environmental conditions. IKEA Purchasing Area South East Asia has co-workers based in Ho Chi Minh City, Bangkok and Jakarta; and is one of nine Purchasing Areas in the world”
• Service Provider's (SP) performance: Secures SP's operational performance in all respects (as defined by relevant KPIs, in relation to capacity, precision, qualitative parameters, claims, safety, etc); identifies, monitors & implements relevant actions
• Optimal capacity: Together with SP and internal supply chain stakeholders in TLS secures optimal usage of agreed/available transport capacity vs planned/needed capacity. Secures low share of spot bookings. Actively works with capacity forecasting (mid- and short-term), identifies SP's production constraints due to peaks, volume fluctuations, etc. and, together with supply chain stakeholders in TLS finds optimal solutions leading to securing needed capacity at lowest total cost
• Purch process: Contributes to SP's management and development by supporting, respectively, transport purchasing process. Supports BD with Tender/other procurement activity's preparation & implementation. Contributes with local operational and market knowledge (e.g. Safety Standards).
• "Ad hoc" purchasing activities ("purchase our of tender"/"purchase out of agreed frame"/Spots): Within the mandate given, contribute to securing capacity in unforseen situations
• New set-ups: Implements, operationally & from SP perspective, and in close cooperation with Logistical Operations Developer and other relevant functions, new SP set-ups. Contributes to development of WMs and documentation (e.g. Carrier Manual)
• Competence development: Secures and shares needed Industry competence with all relevant functions. Link between "Industry" and "Flow" dimensions, together with Logistics Operations Developer. Participates in relevant external forums / networks in order to keep up-to-date with transport trends
• Compliance: Monitors and secures execution of signed contracts vs. agreed terms & conditions. Performs compliance/spot checks at SPs to verify compliance with given parameters, such as quality of equipment, safety and security, etc
• Preconditions for production cost-out: Creates link between SP's production planning and IKEA's transport operating frame, to find opportunities for optimization of SP's productions costs (with Total Cost perspective).
• Innovations: Follows up the innovative developments, contributes to implementation of innovative approaches both internally and at external partners
• Ocean Category specific: Prepare system set-ups for new solutions, such as Sea Preference Plan and similar
• University degree in logistics, economics, business administration or relevant working experience
• Good knowledge of functions within IKEA SupplyChain and how they contribute to the process
• Good knowledge of transport industry incl. market- specific transport safety, security and quality standards
• Good knowledge in sup. chain operations or transport planning & production
• Good knowledge about how to build and evaluate fact-based business cases
• Capability to build external relationships (Partner for Growth)
• Analytical skills
• Negotiation skills
• Project Management skills
• Good knowledge of production costs and their main key drivers.
• Good knowledge of ways of securing transport performance in all respects.
• Computer skills an proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Fluency in English
Working location: Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam or Bangkok, Thailand
Start work date: Immediate
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life a home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
The recruitment will take place continuously so please send in your application in English as soon as possible
If you want to be part of something big, this could be the right challenge for you. We are looking forward to getting to know you soon!