Sustainability Compliance Auditor
IKEA offers well-designed, functional home furnishings at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. The role of the supply process is to buy, produce and distribute the IKEA range at the lowest total cost, making high quality available to the customer under good social and environmental conditions. IKEA Purchasing Area South East Asia has co-workers based in Ho Chi Minh City, Bangkok and Jakarta; and is one of nine Purchasing Areas in the world .
It takes both brains and heart to work with us.
IKEA Purchasing & Logistics Area South East Asia is looking for a Sustainability Compliance Auditor in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
IKEA vision is “To create better everyday life for the many people”. We do it by offering well-designed, functional home furnishings at prices that as many people as possible can afford them.
- Sustainability is one of the pillars of IKEA Business Strategy to grow IKEA together with our Customers, Co-Workers and Business Partners. Our aim is to establish trust with our Customers, Co-Workers and Business Partners, through demonstrating the practical application of our commitment to having a positive impact on people and environment. This is further defined in IKEA’s People & Planet Positive Strategy which can be accessed at www.IKEA.com. We engage our Customers, Co-workers and Business Partners in how we together, can work towards a more sustainable future and encourage people to both, work for us and shop with us.
- IKEA Purchasing & Logistics Area South East Asia belongs to “Supply organization” of IKEA and co-workers are based in Ho Chi Minh City, Bangkok and Jakarta. The role of the “Supply Organization” is to buy, produce and distribute the IKEA range at the most effective total cost, making high quality Home Furnishing products available to the customer manufactured under good social and environmental conditions meeting IWAY Standard (IKEA Code of Conduct for Business Partners) or similar standards to IWAY. We together with our Business Partners and external stakeholders also work on beyond compliance Sustainability Projects, ensuring positive impact on People and Environment in the communities where our business partners operate.
A. Sustainability Projects (Social and /or Environment) (Time Allocation: 50%)
- Identify, Develop and Implement Sustainability projects in areas (Social and Environment) in supply chain in cooperation with IKEA Business teams and Business Partners and lead its implementation.
- Explore opportunities to partner/collaborate with external stakeholders / other brands on sustainability compliance and sustainability projects.
- Participate in external sustainability forums as and when necessary to understand emerging sustainability topics and trends.
B. Sustainability Compliance - Risk Based Auditing & Development support (Time Allocation: 50%)
- Support Business Partners to take Ownership of Compliance in terms of
- Analysing facts from audits/assessments to draw conclusions for both short term and long terms actions to strengthen compliance.
- Support Business Partners to develop sustainable management practices such as but not limited to, Organization, Policies, Internal Auditing, Root Cause Analysis, Competence Development, Worker Engagement, Key Performance Indicators.
- Plan and perform risk based sustainability compliance audits/assessments where needed (environment and social & working conditions) in accordance with IWAY Standard & IKEA working methods and all other relevant mandatory documents and local legislations at the facilities of Business Partners.
- Support IKEA business teams in implementation and maintenance of sustainability compliance at the facilities of Business Partners and their sub-suppliers.
- Identifying good practices of compliance and its economic benefits to Business.
- Conducting Forums for Business Partners to share their best practices.
- Keep yourself and IKEA business teams updated with the Law.
- Social & Environmental auditing experience of 5-7years.
- Knowledge of Vietnamese Legal Laws.
- Compliance Management Systems in relation to Factory Operations
- Degree in Environment / Social Studies / Law will be an advantage.
- Leadership and Analytical skills.
- Communication and motivation skills.
- Coaching & Interpersonal skills.
- Time Management skills.
- Fluent in English. Ability to travel about 60% of the working hours.
How is it to work in IKEA?
- We do not intend to only fill in the position here – we want to accept unique personalities who will share our values and contribute to build great business success and influence globally
- We listen to our colleagues, we understand their needs and we support their ambitions and build on their strengths, there are endless career opportunities;
- We offer a possibility to work in a fast growing company and in an environment where people, team, passion for business and delivering the results are the main drivers.
If you want to be part of something big, this could be the right challenge for you. We are looking forward to getting to know you soon!
Sounds interesting? Please let us know about you
For more information about IKEA, please visit www.IKEA.com