Development Leader| IKEA Retail Experience | Core Business Franchise
The world is changing and the IKEA business is changing with it. For IKEA though, one thing will always remain the same ─ our vision to create a better everyday life for the many people.
We will strengthen and develop competences in order to meet the needs and dreams of the many people around the world and to be accessible, wherever and whenever they wish to meet IKEA.
We are looking for people who have experience from diverse retail organizations and other parts of the value chain ─ from supply to product design, development to manufacturing and everything in between. We offer a unique opportunity to develop a holistic view of the IKEA business. When you grow, IKEA grows too. Do you want to contribute?
About Inter IKEA Systems and Core Business Franchise
Inter IKEA Systems B.V. is the franchisor and the owner of the IKEA Concept, including the IKEA trademarks.
In Core Business Franchise we are responsible for the IKEA strategic framework and keeping it together through an IKEA Concept which is updated, relevant, implemented and followed-up together with all IKEA trademark users.
We enable IKEA people in the value chain by developing new ways of working supported by processes, methods, tools and services, and we also develop the business by leading:
- The development of solutions that will ensure a unique and successful meeting with existing and new IKEA customers.
- When and how IKEA expands, enabling one common way of working with high impact at a low cost.
We offer an open working environment where everyone feels comfortable to experiment, try new ways and dare to ask: “What if…?” And we offer possibilities for you to develop yourself and your career globally. Read more about us at franchisor.IKEA.com
About the role
IKEA Retail Experience has the assignment to continuously develop the IKEA experience to be forward-thinking with the aim to exceed customers and co-workers’ expectations regardless of in which meeting point customers engage with IKEA. We will continue to create IKEA-unique ways to engage our customers and offer them more relevant services. It is an exciting time as IKEA is transforming!
This role is about driving a development and innovation agenda in a disrupted and transforming market with a strong customer centricity.
In close cooperation with the business owners in IKEA Retail Experience, we provide development, design, innovation, processes and portfolio resources.
In these exciting times, we are now looking for a candidate who wants to be a major contributor in developing the meeting with the customer by leading strategic development initiatives across IKEA.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven track record of leading strategic, global business development projects from idea through implementation, with strong evidence of global business impact in global retail companies.
- Proven track record of interdependent leadership, leading business agendas across a multinational company in a collaborative way and delivering results through others.
As a Development Leader, you will:
- Initiate, lead, execute and hold together a variety of large development initiatives related to the meeting with the customer. These are strategic, complex and encompassing initiatives across total IKEA value chain.
- Drive decision making process in governance forums by presenting and pitching initiatives to senior stakeholders.
- Effective manage stakeholders and communication across functions and organisations, build relationships and engage in relevant networks within and outside IKEA.
- Adapt initiatives to changing directions, ensuring speed (develop, iterate and verify approach).
- Lead and secure competent and high-performing project teams, set up in different constellations, by applying agreed processes, principles and governance for innovation and development projects.
- Identify areas of improvement and drive appropriate action to resolution. Secure effective deployment to receiving organisations.
All of the above you will do by working cross-functionally with other colleagues, stakeholders in Core Business Franchise and other organisations, and in close collaboration with business leaders across IKEA.
You have the customer in focus and a strong passion for developing the customer meeting for IKEA. You are a down-to-earth team player, eager to take initiatives and together with others, with you in the lead, achieve results that has true business impact.
We also believe that you have a combination of the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Visionary leadership with the ability to make complex tasks and processes understood and actionable to deliver business impact.
- Strong ability to understand the business needs for each project and make on-going decisions based on what’s best for the organisation, even if that means challenging senior stakeholders on critical success factors.
- Knowledge of business development, preferably digital.
- Capability to collaborate and work in processes, engaging different IKEA competences in the network, including knowledge-sharing.
- Capability to build and engage in trustful and sustainable relationships with stakeholders, business partners and IKEA franchisees and ability to deal with organisational complexities.
- Knowledge of design thinking, innovation and lean development processes.
- Extensive knowledge of project management and managing teams and stakeholders.
- Good understanding of the IKEA vision, business idea and business model.
- Motivation and ability to work in a fast-paced, global, multicultural and changing environment.
Does this sound like your next challenge? We welcome your application!
It is a full time position (40h/week). Travel will be required. The position is located in Helsingborg but the aim is to move it to Malmö in 2020.
Please send your application – CV and letter of motivation – in English by 28 April 2019. If you have questions about the role, please contact Peter Nilsson, Development Support Manager. If you have questions about the recruitment process, please contact Sofia Samuelsson, HR generalist for IKEA Retail Experience.