People & Culture
At the heart of our business are people. We create a better everyday life together by living our shared values and safeguarding our unique culture. To create an inspiring IKEA experience we need to make sure our co-workers have the preconditions to meet our customers in the best possible way.
The purpose of the People and Culture function is to secure the competence and organisation to reach our business ambitions.
To succeed, we are focusing on three movements:
1. People choose IKEA for what we stand for
2. Engaged IKEA people with customers at heart
3. A modern, lean and agile IKEA fit for growth
WHO YOU ARE
As a person you are passionate about people and have a strong belief in individuals’ potential. You are interested to do analytical, operational and strategic work. You act as an ambassador for the IKEA culture and values.
You have experience in administrating and processing payroll information to ensure co-workers get the right net pay at the right time, including accurate tax, social security reporting and input to financial accounting. You have proven knowledge how to organise, store and maintain records and information across IKEA and how to develop and use IKEA standards and manuals to follow rules. You know how to create, implement and follow up on rules and practices that ensure accountability, compliance, fairness and transparency within IKEA.
You accomplish goals, complete tasks, and achieve results. You know how to work independently, take own initiatives and responsibility. You express ideas and opinions effectively in verbal and written communication.
In this role it is very important to have knowledge and experience with the Dutch fiscal legislation and laws arround this toppics. You have worked before in the Netherlands with this subjects.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
In the role as Payroll / Timekeeping Specialist, you are responsible for implementing payroll policy in the Netherlands in line with the Centre of Expertise standards to secure an excellent co-worker experience.
• Localise payroll policies, concept, frameworks, approach and process (as defined by the Centre of Expertise and localised by the Total Rewards manager) and ensure they are implemented in the country in line with all regulatory compliance
• Proactively collect and transmit country specific payroll needs to Total Rewards Manager
• Monitor the (job) market and trends in the country and find the best practice of harmonising and developing the provided offer across the organisation to design packages that make a difference.
• Monitor the cost and usage of payroll programs, develop recommendations as appropriate, and negotiate cost with insurance carriers, vendors, brokers, and consultants if needed on local level
• Track the national payroll budget in the organisation and manage existing compensation components
• Consult and support the organisation on a flexible up-to-date rewards set-up that meets most co-workers' needs.
• Ensure that Total Rewards needs towards timekeeping is well defined and follows up that timekeeping systems delivers accordingly
• Implement the global timekeeping framework and guidelines as provided by the Centre of Expertise
• Be responsible for the local timekeeping process.
OUR TEAM WITHIN IKEA
We are an international leader in the home furnishings sector and are proud of our values and Swedish culture. Together we spend every day working towards our vision of creating a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a unique range of home furnishing products that many people can afford.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
• In this role you will report to the Total Rewards Manager.
• This full-time role is based at our Service Office in Haarlem.
• An integrity check using the fraud register of the Stichting Fraude Aanpak Detailhandel (foundation for addressing fraud in the retail sector) is a part of the application process.
We look forward to receiving your application!