Do you want to be part of fulfilling customers’ dreams? Come and join Customer Fulfilment.
Customer Fulfilment (CFF) plays a fundamental role within Retail in achieving the IKEA goal of becoming a multichannel retailer. Customer Fulfilment acts as a fully integrated function, with an end-to-end approach to develop our business, having customers’ needs at heart. We are focusing on contributing to a seamless shopping experience for the many people with great quality across all touchpoints.
The Fulfilment operations function within CFF is responsible for developing and securing fulfilment of products through all sales channels with great lead times, availability and quality at lowest possible costs that enable an affordable price. Taking the lead and overall responsibility for operational excellence, performance and development of the logistics processes to and within the stores within the markets. Enabling preconditions, securing availability and efficient execution of the replenishment and the customer order fulfilment processes in the stores.
You are passionate about leading business through people and have a strong belief in the individuals’ potential. By being customer oriented you see the customer first and consider the impact on the customer when taking decisions. You naturally share the IKEA vision, values and culture and have a strong interest in home furnishing. You enjoy applying strategic, tactical and operational approach for analysing business opportunities from customer/market perspective and inspired by challenging situations. You have an eagerness and desire to understand the complexity of IKEA business, the customer and co-worker needs and influence the improvement of the business with a focus on customer and co-worker satisfaction.
For this role you should have university degree in preferred Logistics, Supply Chain Management or proven performance in logistics/commercial/supply chain management. You bring with you 2-4 years working experience in a management position preferable in distribution, retail, logistics or similar and proven successful leadership in a big organisation.
You have experience of deliver both business result and people development through positively influencing the business directly as well as through good collaboration. You also bring with you an experience of securing implementation of mid-term and long-term strategies and plans and set/follow up goals.
You have knowledge in the following areas:
- IKEA business model, the strategic landscape and IKEA ways of working
- Good business understanding of key performance measurement used to plan, follow up and steer the business with a customer-centric approach
- Very good knowledge of IKEA processes, supply chain, warehousing operations and service business leading to an excellent customer fulfilment
- Very good understanding of the customer and co-worker needs, demands and expectations on the markets
- Good knowledge of market intelligence
- Good knowledge of change management and leading in the unknown/exploring
- Good knowledge of different leadership styles and needs as well as appropriate use in different situations
- Good knowledge of how to identify and involve relevant stakeholders
- Good financial competence and understanding of the financial impact on total network
As a person you have a strong collaborative mind-set in building relationships within and outside the organisation and use your good communication and negotiation skills. You possess the capability to translate business and customer needs into development initiatives.
You have the ability to act within the global framework in order to achieve local/market/organisation goals and the competence to drive change within the organisation in market level acting in a multi-cultural, interdependent and matrix environments. In planning and maintaining work processes you possess the ability to apply strategic and analytical End-to-end process oriented thinking.
The purpose of the role is to take responsibility for a high-performing fulfilment operations in the market Fulfilment unit (central and store) network in the assigned stores including:
- Daily fulfilment operations in all stores and central fulfilment units in the market
- Efficiency and continuous improvement
- Short and mid-term capacities
- Cost development and contribution to the cost goal
- Leading, developing people and succession planning
You will contribute to the operations and development of the Fulfilment Unit Operations organisation both directly and through the work with the assigned stores with a customer-centric and collaborative approach in focus and be the main speaking partner for assigned stores and central fulfilment units in the market
You will be:
- Responsible for high performing daily operations and an efficient distribution network connected to all fulfilment operations in all IKEA stores and central fulfilment units on the market
- Responsible for securing excellence in the planning and execution of the goods flow process working closely with the Market Store Fulfilment Operations Manager and the relevant business partners
- Responsible for inspiring goods flow matrix and provide support with the necessary tools, methods and functional competence development needs, and secure succession planning.
- Responsible for close cooperation with the Store Logistics Mangers and the Market Replenishment Leader to secure correct usage of short-, and mid-term capacity of the stores in order to maximize efficient logistics operations
- Responsible for securing effective, qualitative and efficient goods flow within the stores’ receiving-, storing-, replenishment- and customer order fulfilment processes
- Responsible for sharing knowledge with colleagues and business partners to support their competence development
- Responsible for promoting and stimulating entrepreneurial orientation and contribution to development and innovation in the market Fulfilment Unit
- Operations function and it’s connected matrixes.
- Contribute to ensuring that the market goods flow teams work in compliance with the IKEA Code of Conduct, internal IKEA regulations and local legislation relating to health, safety and security and the environment.
- Contribute with relevant goods flow input, feedback and goal setting to functional action plans and ensure that these actions are implemented in the store fulfilment goods flow processes and are aligned with the Global IKEA business plan objectives.
- Responsible for the goods flow related Store Goods flow (SGF) input and to contribute with relevant goods flow related input towards Sales Location Management (SLM).
- Contribute to positioning IKEA as a responsible partner in lowering environmental impact by taking relevant actions that contribute to achieving long-term profitability in a sustainable and environmental way
In this role you will report to the Fulfilment unit Operations manager
If you have job specific questions, please contact Andreas Horstmann at firstname.lastname@example.org
This full-time role is located in Haarlem. This role requires traveling to the units in the market.
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
We appreciate your application as soon as possible, but please no later than september 24th.
An online assessment such as PI and/ or PLI can be part of the application process.
Some interviews may be conducted over SKYPE (if needed to reduce travel).
If you have any concerns or questions about the recruitment process, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
We are looking forward to your application!