As a person you are passionate about people, business, IKEA’s purpose and continuously driving better performance and growth. You are motivated by improving IKEA customers’ product quality experience through ensuring safe and compliant products.
For this role we believe you have minimum 10 years of experience working with Compliance, Product Quality or equivalent and minimum 10 years of experience in leading and managing people and teams with different disciplines within Compliance, Product Quality or equivalent. Further, you have experience from commercial and strategic business planning within retail, preferably home furnishing sector, and experience from managing change in a complex business environment.
On top of this, you have broad knowledge of ensuring that the quality and compliance of products meets customer expectations and requirements during their lifecycle and the current market environment, expectations from customers today and tomorrow to secure that the commercial and service offers meet customer demands and needs.
You possess good change and stakeholder management skills and know how to apply these in an extremely ambiguous environment requiring cross functional collaboration. You have good knowledge of co-worker satisfaction assessments and potential actions to ensure the desired co-worker satisfaction and retention.
You have ability to understand the complexity of IKEA business and the role of quality and compliance as an integrated part of the business as well as ability to use sound judgements and make timely and effective decisions to support, train and lead others. Furthermore, you possess strong interpersonal skills and ability to coach and influence a team of co-workers and colleagues while communicating in an inspirational way with the IKEA tone of voice.
In the role as Country Product Quality Manager, you are responsible for driving extraordinary growth by ensuring the quality, safety and compliance of the IKEA product offering, and by optimizing the product recovery processes preventing the occurrence of unnecessary costs related to IKEA products.
- Act as a member of the Selling Management Team and proactively lead the product quality, compliance and recovery (PQR&C) agenda in the country
- Lead the support to the units in the market related to product quality, compliance and recovery
- Ensure that processes are in place to secure that the local product offer complies to regional and national regulation, industry standard, health and safety standard and IKEA policies as well as customer quality expectations
- Ensure that processes are in place to secure product quality case management, coordination of product quality reporting and claim handling, product quality issues, product deviation reporting, sales stops and recalls in the market
- Proactively contribute to the IKEA business plan discussions to ensure that product quality and compliance insights underpin the future direction of IKEA
- Constantly improve how the product quality, compliance and recovery processes contribute to growth and to the long-term success of IKEA, by enabling effective and efficient processes that support the customer, the business and the brand
- Maximise profit by optimizing the product recovery processes, and preventing the occurrence of unnecessary costs related to IKEA products
- Develop and share best practices and learning content for business offer competence development in the market
- Drive the co-operation, knowledge and information sharing across functions to ensure everyone understands and actively contributes to ensuring the end to end quality, safety and compliance of the IKEA product range
- Lead, coach and develop a high performing PQR&C team that will strongly contribute to reach the common goals (e.g. growth, profitability, brand positioning/consideration). Lead the transformation of the PQR&C function in the country
- Be an active player in driving an open and sharing climate, being a role model of the IKEA values, and contribute to the transformation of IKEA
In this role you will report to the Country Selling Manager.
This role is located in Haarlem, The Netherlands
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
We deliver sustainable, extraordinary growth by creating a new, unique, inspiring and convenient meeting with the customers. We deliver a multi-channel experience that adds value to the many people and inspires a home furnishing movement.
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
For any questions about the recruitment process, please contact Michiel van Dijl at email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application!