We are looking for someone who is passionate about promoting and protecting the IKEA brand through effective media and influencer relations. You are passionate about Life at Home and IKEA’s contribution to society, and appreciate the mix of strategic thinking and turning communication trends into practice. You have a modern take on communication and digital retailing trends, and are an early adopter of new technologies and ways of working.
Energised by working both independently and interdependently with communication networks and cross functions, you are motivated to work in an agile environment and are open to change. You share and live the IKEA culture and values.
To be successful in this role you have proven advanced training in strategic communications (or equivalent) and a minimum of 5-8 years of both external (incl. Social Media) and internal communication experience. You have proven experience in managing and leveraging media contacts, crisis communication, leading in change as well as working with strategic communication and agency management. Your communication skills in English are excellent, both spoken and written, and preferably you have knowledge of the IKEA brand, culture, values and way of working.
You have knowledge in following areas:
• Deep knowledge of working in the field of media relations, including crisis communications and branding
• Using insights to formulate country communication strategies, plans and activities to meet IKEA business and receiver needs
• Deep knowledge of how to lead communication by defining, planning, executing and follow-up communication to relevant stakeholders
• Up-to-date knowledge of the complete media landscape (including social media), usage and measurements
• Understanding of the process for delivering efficient communication and stakeholder plans, tools and the IKEA communication channel
• IKEAs corporate identity, core values and vision of creating a better everyday life for the many people, to ensure right representation
In addition to this you demonstrate strong IKEA leadership skills by using sound judgements to make timely and effective decisions. You have the ability to understand the complexity of Ingka & the IKEA business and the role of communication as an integrated part of the business. Your interpersonal skills and capability to manage internal and external stakeholders are excellent, as is your ability to communicate verbally, visually and in writing in an inspirational way with IKEA tone of voice. You know how to take a leading role in communication with the business goal, co-workers and public trust in focus and comfortably handle stressful and unpredictable situations in a dynamic business environment.
You will enable INGKA to promote and protect the IKEA brand through effective media and stakeholder relations. You will lead the UK and Ireland PR/media Relations agenda and contribute to the purpose of the function by leading, steering and ensuring the implementation of the strategy for product and corporate PR and media relations - in line with the country business & growth plan. Furthermore, you will secure that media relations is an integrated part of campaigns and have close cooperation with the other parts of the communication team, as well as with Marketing and other functions.
You will drive activist and pro-active communication through media relations in the market, and lead in demonstrating leadership when IKEA is challenged. You will drive an open and sharing climate, being a role model of the IKEA values where our co-workers are informed, engaged and empowered.
Korean language and English communication skill is a pre-requisite.
• Enable Ingka to promote and protect the IKEA brand through effective media and influencers relationships in close cooperation with other relevant functions
• Drive reactive, proactive and activist communication externally through media & strategic influencer relationships
• Be responsible for creating the country product and corporate PR/media relations strategy (focus on earned and owned media): create media/stakeholder engagement strategies for effective reactive, proactive and activist communication
• Be responsible for developing and implementing process for country on-duty phone and product loans
• Effectively and proactively drive and elevate the brand awareness of the company through effective and targeted media use – co-leading events and all brand activation initiatives with other functions
• Stay up-to-date on current affairs in order to create opportunities to position our stories in a way that resonates with the outside world
• Identify and empower IKEA leaders to be inspiring communicators – train and support spokespersons on delivering effective and appropriate communication. Develop and implement spokesperson plans to support focus areas and prioritised topics. Act as a spokesperson when appropriate.
• Develop and strengthen communication preparedness for reputational issues, risks and crisis. Act on all negative publicity and potential reputational issues.
• Be a communication business partner for Commercial and a direct contact and support for communication needs and advice on effective choices within the specific area of Marketing
• Build a deep understanding of Commercial objectives in order to tie communications work directly to desired business outcomes
• Be a coach and sparring partner to managers and communication team when it comes to Public and Media Relations
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
As the Communication function, we strongly position IKEA as a truly meaningful & trusted brand in people’s hearts & minds, with a focus on us as a retailer and our positive societal impact.
At the same time, we contribute to the growth and transformation of Ingka by ensuring we lead with communication. We do this by taking a strategic approach to reactive, proactive and activist communication.
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
In this role you will report to the Country Communication Manager
If you have job specific questions please contact Wansook Chung Wansook.firstname.lastname@example.org.
This role is located in Service Office IKEA Korea.