We are looking for you who are passionate about lifestyle, home furnishing and modern retail. You get motivated by languages and cultures and by finding better ways of working. Furthermore you are open to the change and you get energized by working both independently and interdependently with communication network and cross functions. You appreciate the mix of strategic thinking and turning communication theory into practice. Sharing and living the IKEA culture and values comes naturally to you.
We believe that you have proven advanced training in linguistic field; (bachelor’s degree minimum), and a minimum 2 years’ project management experience including budget management, workflow optimization and stakeholder management. Also you have a minimum of 3 years of hands-on localization experience working on online translation software’s, Computer. Assisted Translation tools and Translation management systems (e.g. SDL Worldserver, Smartling, Memsource, MemoQ etc) is also required. Moreover, you have experience in adapting content for search engine optimization, social media content production, audio visual localization and knowledge of machine translations software. Furthermore you have strong communication and influencing skills in English and native language both spoken and written and experience working on the localization vendor side. You have strong computer skills with knowledge of Excel, InDesign, HTML and other web-based tools and knowledge of the IKEA brand, culture, values and way of working.
You have knowledge in following areas:
• Extensive knowledge of project management, including budget management, workflow optimization, stakeholder liaison and vendor management
• Extensive knowledge of translation systems, techniques and tools
• Deep linguistic knowledge of local language, including editing and proofreading, and excellent written and spoken proficiency in English language
• Extensive knowledge of the impact language can have on digital user experience
• Good knowledge of Search Engine Optimization
• Understanding of how to leverage communication to enable better business outcomes, today and tomorrow
• Deep knowledge of IKEA Concept, IKEA Brand, IKEA Culture & Values and IKEA Tone of Voice to ensure the right representation
As a person you have understanding of localization/communication trends and the ability to turn them into effective communication. You demonstrates excellent IKEA leadership and influencing skills and have the ability to work with a multitude of internal and external stakeholders to create the best possible experience for our customers. You understand the diversity of the market to add value both in the business and the functional competence dimension. You understand the complexity of IKEA business and the role of communication as an integrated part of the business
You have time management skills, ability to multitask and are highly organized, you directs effort to achieve long-term business objectives and outcomes.
A DAY IN YOUR LIFE WITH US
The purpose with this position is to secure that our customers and co-workers have a native experience across all platforms and to ensure all content and communication for the market aligns with IKEA tone of voice across all channels and according to the guidelines provided by the Franchisor. We drive an open and sharing climate, being a role model of the IKEA values where our co-workers are informed, engaged and empowered.
Korean language and English communication skill is a pre-requisite.
• Build and manage the localisation pipeline in close collaboration with country-level stakeholders such as Market Support, Digital, People & Culture, as well as the global localisation team
• Manage localisation and translations projects end to end, setting stakeholder expectations while ensuring timely delivery of high quality content
• Support the on-boarding of global recommended localisation vendors, together with procurement, and review their performance on a quarterly basis or as required
• Work with localisation vendors on a daily basis to ensure their continuous development, timely delivery of projects, as well as high quality of work
• Be the primary point of localisation knowledge in the country, advising on best practices, process, budgeting and planning, and be responsible for linguistic assets such as glossaries, terminologies, etc.
• Work closely with local content creation teams to create web, sales, communication and social media content that is appealing to customers by providing input from a linguistic perspective, while driving consistency with global content
• Conduct linguistic quality assurance and consult IKEA subject matter experts when necessary
• Consolidate and provide linguistic feedback to the translators/translation vendors to educate them on IKEA tone of voice and also mediate in cases of conflict on quality discussions.
• Liaise with the global localisation team to ensure consistency of approach, to define and implement quality frameworks, and to input on process improvements, budget planning and future localisation roadmap and strategy
• Translate and/or edit user interface, communication, PR, Web, social media and marketing materials for urgent and special requests, which can’t be outsourced
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
We strongly position IKEA as a truly meaningful & trusted brand in people’s hearts & minds, with a focus on us as a retailer and our positive societal impact.
At the same time, we contribute to the growth and transformation of Ingka by ensuring we lead with communication. We do this by taking a strategic approach to reactive, proactive and activist communication.
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
In this role you will report to the Communication Operation Manager.
If you have job specific questions please contact Jeewon Lee firstname.lastname@example.org
This role is located in Service Office IKEA Korea.