PURPOSE OF JOB
To be responsible for timely opening of a new asset (redevelopment of existing asset) in the defined market, supporting a growth of IKEA store, within the budget and with expected quality to achieve our long-term strategy “Meeting place Approach”, respecting the defined concept and design.
• Progressive Property/Asset development (Identification and creation opportunities beyond vacant land).
• Land development (investigate, create deal structure…).
• Meeting place framework and its content/deliverables.
• Meeting place concept localization and its impact to the commercial and financial Asset results.
• Practical leasing negotiations.
• Product (centre or mixed-use) positioning/repositioning and market communication (PR, B2C, B2B).
• Customer and market intelligence.
• Process organization and control.
• Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment and excels under pressure.
• Ability to stay focused on final deliverables.
• Ability to apply helicopter view.
• Critical thinking.
• Change management.
• Motivated by searching and grasping business opportunities. Taking ownership and responsibility to influence business results of the organization.
• Motivated by result delivery.
• Motivated by growing people - sharing your knowledge to see others succeed in their tasks/efforts - to mentor & coach others around you.
• Share and live the IKEA culture and values.
Leadership is everyone’s responsibility at IKEA. Leadership behaviours differ depending on your position and your level of leadership – leading myself, leading others, leading leaders and leading matrix partners.
Develop the business and deliver results
Lead and develop people
Inspire and clarify
Find better ways
KEY PREVIOUS EXPERIENCES AND PROVEN SKILLS
• Master or Bachelor degree preferably in Project management, Construction or Asset management.
• Minimum 7 years full cycle experience with Shopping centre development and/or management in the international real estate investor/developer.
• Minimum 10 years in management position with proven leadership skills and track record.
• Minimum 1 project delivered from pre-study up to handover, involving site selections, concept design preparation, leasing, marketing, construction and tenants’ fit out processes.
• Recruit, build and secure that project team has necessary professional competence and expertise to deliver such project to a required commercial, construction and financial result.
• Efficiently communicate with projects investors and stakeholders.
• Establish effective cooperation with all stakeholders and partners during project development, including local authorities, to secure project execution targets are met within expected quality, time and budget.
• Plan and timely deliver the project within the budget and with expected quality. Ensure that all necessary processes such as acquisition, design, permitting, leasing, marketing and construction are running smoothly, and according to group rules.
• Localise and execute Meeting place concept according to the commercial idea in the specified market and thus create a future asset value, based on a unique customer experience and Omni-channel infrastructure.
• Drive change management agenda to secure delivery of sustainable income, asset market value and IKEA store sales.
• Implement mitigation plans for defined Project risk areas.
• Implement plans to minimize customer disturbance during project execution.
• Manage and maintain positive relationships with regional and local city authorities establish relations and network with industry partners.
• Ensure required and timely reporting to the steering bodies on the budget and project progress, following company processes and procedures.
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
To generate revenue and growth of new and current Meeting Places while also collaborating with IKEA Retail, the Ingka Group and external contractors with the goal of delivering the needs of customers and local communities within the locations they operate.