Jobs home > Project Controller & Product Communicator - New Business
You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe that what you value is more important than what your CV says. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. Come see things a little differently with us! In South Asia we’re on an exciting journey of expanding our business by adding new suppliers & categories and strengthening our existing suppliers. If you like challenges and really making a difference, maybe this journey is for you!
About the company
IKEA Range & Supply has the responsibility to develop, design, produce and supply IKEA stores with home furnishing solutions available to the many people. Each year IKEA Range & Supply introduce 2,000 new products in the IKEA stores. The total range is almost 10,000 products.
For Project Controller's role :
Lead the progress of the product development projects through project planning and tracking of compliance to time plans, working methods and business rules.
• Lead the product development process into goals, ambitions and in accordance to democratic design, securing process compliance and continuous process improvements.
• Lead fact-based decision making with scenarios and recommendations in the product development projects.
• Responsible for capturing and communicating project risks and interdependencies
• Responsible for capturing and documenting project lessons learned and secure these learnings in new projects
• Responsible for range management, product information, range administration and range change execution for news development, in assigned projects
• Ensure a strong performance culture where project deviations are detected early and acted upon
• Secure involvement of identified resources in the development projects and align on delivery
• Communicate project results in a clear and inspiring way.
• Contribute to the development of working methods and tools and share best practice.
For Product Communicator's role :
Analyse and identify the need of (product and range) communication content, based on insights and customer needs, in order to decide what, when and how to communicate for all consumer-facing media and channels.
• Secure the customer perspective from a range and product communication point of view in the product development process (DNP) when developing news, improves and running range.
• Manage the execution of the communication production in the different media activation projects.
• Approve, follow up and secure that communication messages are fulfilled in the communication execution.
• Proactively inform communication production suppliers about upcoming plans to secure the content readiness.
• Work with product from communication perspective throughout the Product life cycle and the customer experience journey.
• Contribute to the Marketing & Communication budget in the BA, as well as to the yearly Communication Plan on a tactical level.
• Contribute to the matrix by creating and co-leading the development of common ways of working, tools and methods (e.g. in IPIM), by having an open innovative mind-set.
Understanding of the IKEA Business model, strategic landscape and IKEA Ways of working
Deep knowledge about project management, project controlling and basic understanding of project portfolio management
Deep understanding of the IKEA product development process and corresponding range management business rules
Good knowledge about different communication and facilitation methods
Deep understanding of customer experience map and how to attract, activate and convert consumers into customers.
Knowledge about content analysis and translating strategic messages into tactical communication.
Deep understanding of the IKEA media landscape
Knowledge about competitors, markets, market trends and the target customer/s.
Product and Range communication analysis tool DNP knowledge ,Project Management.
IKEA product offer knowledge & IKEA Strategic landscape, Democratic Design
Home furnishing knowledge , Fluent in written and verbal English.
Leading business through others
Goal-and delivery oriented with a passion for details and excellence in operations
Finding and ensuring structure, priority & accuracy
Simplifying complex issues and striving to improve efficiency
Establishing and maintaining good relations and collaboration with all relevant stakeholders. Passion for home furnishing, people’s life at home, and the IKEA range
The IKEA values truly reflect personal values. Striving for excellence and high performance.
Passion for communication, business, branding, always with simplicity in mind.
Change driver, initiator and collaborator. Exceed customer expectations by delivering high quality communication.
Lead business through people, facilitate meetings and reaching decisions
Power of initiative, having the courage to question and challenge across topics
Think ahead, plan and understand how decisions impact the totality, see potentials and risks in projects and take needed actions
Act on deviations and seek improvements
Strong communication skills, inspires and creates confidence, build networks and strong relations
Proactively lead stakeholder management , Clear communication skills securing IKEA tone of voice.
Ability to tactically analyze the communication need and follow up on business impact.
Ability to apply range and communication direction to product communication.
Ability to network cross functions and organizations. Ability to be detailed, structured and analytical.
Ability to take the lead and drive product and range communication content with customer perspective
Pls note, we invite applications from both locations , Gurgaon and Bangalore for this role !
If interested, please apply in English before 31st January 2022. Kindly note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidate. So, don’t delay, please send us your application today.
If you would like to know more about the position, pls contact the Hiring Manager , Joakim Ankelhed or P&C Generalist Jaswinder Sharma.