Are you a leader who thrives as part of a team? Are you a coach that values others’ development alongside your own?
We are looking for someone like you to help us deliver a taste of Sweden and a great customer experience whilst developing our team and optimising performance.
You will contribute to a passionate and friendly team working in a fast-paced and safe environment to deliver a better everyday life for the many.
IKEA Food in Glasgow boasts around 70 co-workers, each with a passion for food and exceptional customer service. We are made up by 3 smaller teams; the Kitchen, Restaurant, and Bistro & Swedish Food Market.
• You are sales driven and service minded with experience of serving customers. Your passion for food makes you take pride in the service and product you serve.
• You have experience from and enjoy working in a vibrant retail environment. You are flexible and know how to execute action plans in a good way, you truly make things happen.
• The IKEA leadership approach inspires you and to lead by example is important to you.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for people and food, an eagerness to learn and will embrace change with a solution-orientated approach to the many challenges and tasks that present themselves. You will have the ambition to grow within IKEA and to develop your own successors too. In IKEA we place great emphasis on our co-workers’ well-being and leading with a positive approach, even through the busiest and most challenging times.
As a Food Team Leader you will report to one of our department Managers and work alongside them in directly leading a team of up to 30 co-workers. You will spend most of your time in the thick of it, leading by example, and will take on other managerial responsibilities to develop both the business performance and yourself.
You will spend some shifts as the department responsible where you will oversee all 3 areas, serving over 2000 people every day.
• Keeping the customer in focus and taking action to optimise sales and inspire our customers.
• Ensuring your area of responsibility is commercial, clean, tidy, attractive and inviting. You also ensure our products are in perfect condition and correctly priced at all times.
• Being passionate about the food we serve and sell, and actively learn about it and share your knowledge with customers and colleagues.
• You contribute and support the implementation of the store Business Plan and IKEA Food action plan.
• Promoting a safety first culture, as well as coach others in ensuring routines and requirements are known and followed in all daily work.
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
Thanks to us, customers, co-workers and people at home can have a better everyday life through food that’s good for both people and planet. Together we serve more than 660 million customers yearly at the IKEA restaurants worldwide, underlining our Scandinavian heritage by offering a modern taste of Sweden. We also offer a variety of foods in our bistros and in the “Swedish Food market”. We are a diverse group of people who all live by the motto: Laughter is brightest in the place where the food is!
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
If you have any questions please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are successful at this stage we will invite you to do a video interview.
As a Living Wage Employer all of our co-workers receive a real living wage of at least £9/hour, as a Team Leader you will benefit from a competitive salary with many benefits. Your work life balance will be secured with every other weekend off, no shifts longer than 10 hours and no more than 6 consecutive days of work.
Working at IKEA, we recognize the need to look after our people and we offer a range of co-worker benefits such as: co-worker discount, pension scheme, uniform provision, subsidized co-worker meals, a year-end gift and many more!